IGNORED

Any ideas of values of this Atari hardware?

cedars369

Hi,

I have the following items in my loft and jyst wonder if anybody can give me some ideas of prices and weather it should be sold as one lot or in groups?

Portable CD Player with power supply and in original box
Tested Atari 030 TT Computer with hard drive, 1.44 floppy drive and
dust cover. NOTE manual or disk, being sold separate.
Tested 030 TT keyboard
Atari 3.6 Lithium replacement battery for Mega STE/TT in original
wrapper.
Atari Mega 2.06 TOS Chips
SyQuest EZ Portable Drive with 10No 135MB removable hard disk cartridges
Tested Atari SM144 - 14 inch Monochrome Monitor in original Atari Box with packing and dust cover.
Golden Image hand scanner with software in original box and instructions plus rare scan table
Atari Robokit and manual
Crazy Dots multi resolution Graphics Card for Atari 030 TT/Mega STE with manual and box.
Atari SLM804 Laser printer, controller and lead.
2No External floppy disk drives (one with internal power other with external power supply)
Phillips CM8833 Monitor with dust cover.
Tested Atari STFM 1040 Computer,
Tested Atari STE 520 Computer (powers up but will not display),
Atari ST FM/E Motherboard without case, power supply and floppy drive
Tested Atari STE Mega Computer with 105MB SCSI Hard Disk (built in), 720 floppy drive and dust cover, see photos. NOTE no manual or disk due to being sold separate.
Tested 2No Atari STE Mega keyboard,
Atari SLM 605 Laser Printer, controller and lead
2No spare toners (one is still sealed) for Atari SLM 605 laser printer
Atari SMM 804 Dot Matrix printer
Atari SMM 804 printer ribbon.
4No Joysticks (various makes including Quickshot)

Would like to sell it all in one go, make me an offer!

Look forward to any replies.

Paul

Please note that the red highlighting makes the text extremely difficult to read; doing a select all on the page is the only way to make it at all legible.

5 hours ago, cedars369 said:

Portable CD Player with power supply and in original box

Unless it's a super-rare model, its value is probably not much if anything.  Check eBay for an idea of what that model is selling for, but I'm willing to bet

that it would be perfect for donating to a charity shop or similar.

5 hours ago, cedars369 said:

Atari 3.6 Lithium replacement battery for Mega STE/TT in original
wrapper.

Sell for small change to a collector on eBay, or send for recycling.  After 30-plus years in the same wrapper, that battery is a leakage problem waiting to happen.  Can't see anyone wanting to use it in a system that they care about.

For everything else, check historic eBay auctions, past sales here, AmiBay, etc.

• Like 2

I will take it all for FREE (that is, no cost to you!) if you deliver it to me. 

I think the fact that you posted this two weeks ago in the correct forum suggests it's a low supply low demand product, which means you can probably name your price, you just need someone who actually wants it. 

I appreciate this is a week old post, but I just saw it and came up with that first gem of a line so I had to.

Another serious answer : some people have considered donating or selling to a museum that might like hardware that is more obscure, you might find an institution willing to pay money. 

• Like 2

All from a UK perspective, IMO, and from someone who buys, restores and sells vintage hardware for kicks.

You’re obviously trying to maximise returns by separating everything but it just makes the computers themselves much less attractive as they’re useless without the keyboards for example. Bundle them if you want to sell the computers.

Stuff:
- Portable CD Player - Worth very little unless it’s a mint Sony from back in the day.
- 4 Joysticks - Worth buttons unless there’s either an original Suncom TAC-2 (£50 or so) in there or some very nice condition ZipStiks (£35ish), Gravis stuff or what have you. Put one with each ST you sell to sweeten things a little.
- All the printers and parts - Only worth something to a collector as they’re relatively useless. Bundle the lot and sell as one. Auction it, someone might buy them.
- TOS 2.06 - £20
- Syquest - Not a lot. Much like Zip drives, useful in the day but SD solutions these days have rendered this sort of thing an ornament.
- SM144 - Cost more to send than they’re worth usually. But with the box at least you can send it. Might get £50
- Hand Scanner - Novelty, worthless.
- Robokit - Two up and asking big money for them. None sold.
- External FDD - If they’re Atari, they’ve got some value, If they’re 3rd party, they haven’t. If they belong with a non floppy ST, sell them with the ST, again, it’ll make it more attractive.
- Phillips monitor - Useful, and go for good money these days. For pick up only £70-100 I’d say. You’ll get more if you can send it. Though sending monitors is a complete nightmare without the original packaging.

Computers:
- All the TT stuff - Sell it all together rather than trying to split it. Someone is currently trying to sell one as parts for silly money which is going as well as is to be expected given the limited number of TTs out there. As a job lot it’s way more interesting to me. Hard to say a value as there’s none showing as sold on eBay currently. Auction it and be prepared to take a hit on that as again, other than collectors, there’s not much use there and it ain’t a Falcon. Might make a lot, might not.
- Mega STE - Worth the most, as with the others, keep it all together and sell it as a lot. I’d bundle this with the mono monitor to make it more attractive. For good nick and working, you’re looking at around £400
- STs - There’s loads out there. I’ve gone through something like 5 of them recently, a couple I was given, the others were between £30 and £50 (the £30 came with a mono monitor). However if you’ve got, for example a restored 1040, boxed, mint discovery pack with everything included and are prepared to send it securely (box within a box to preserve all that packaging), you can get £250 for it...
- Broken ST is parts. Knowing what’s broken in there would make it easier to part out. Usually it’s the PSU which is an easy fix, it powering up with no display points to something else. Indeed if you want to be sure all your tested machines are actually good. Run each for at least an hour then let them cool and run them again. I’ve had a few ST PSU die on 2nd power up after being stored. ST PSUs are really not very good…

Selling as a job lot and pick up only will obviously reduce your effort dramatically, but will also reduce the value. If I was interested I would be making a fairly insulting offer on it because I know the amount of work I would have to put in to recoup my expenditure in terms of pick up, testing/repairing and sending it all. Plus there's a load of stuff there that's just not worth the effort that would likely get skipped. However if you are prepared to put in the effort, you could make a few hundred quid there.

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 2

Just ebay everything. 7 day auction with a low starting price and let the bidders decide what it's worth. You'll get the most money out of the stuff you have that way.

Don't expect stuff to sell here, or anywhere else for that matter, for ebay prices, especially if it's something really expensive. Most people here knock off about 10-30% off from ebay prices when they sell since you don't pay fees, and it's generally much more pleasant to deal here than on ebay.

Edited by bluejay
  • Like 1

If eBaying everything then there is something you could do that may see return customers that few people are doing at the moment.

- Clean it.

I have bought a lot off eBay lately and given the whole focus on hygiene at the moment it's pretty disgusting the filth and slop that I am cleaning and scraping of my purchases. This picture is only one I took as an example. I have had much, much worse. Oh and this was "cleaned and tested" - nope..

20210126_112142.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, cedars369 said:

Thanks so much for spending the time to give me a true feedback. 

I found a TT sold on Ebay for almost £1000 and a keyboard for over £100, so should I sell mine with one or two keyboards and or manual? 

Look forward to your reply, 

Paul 

You want it to be as complete as possible, the more complete it is, the more attractive. If you've got a spare keyboard, sell that seperately, there's gonna be someone out there with a TT without a keyboard.

Price-wise depends on condition and what people are prepared to pay. All I would say is don't skimp on the packaging and postage. Make sure it's super well packaged and insured (don't use hermes or parcelforce... use something like UPS via parcel monkey). Auction the TT, start it the minimum you're prepared to accept, then it'll sell for whatever it's curently worth. Take lots of good pictures, show it running and be honest about condition. It's all you can do really.

Edited by juansolo

38 minutes ago, Zap1982 said:

If eBaying everything then there is something you could do that may see return customers that few people are doing at the moment.

- Clean it.

I have bought a lot off eBay lately and given the whole focus on hygiene at the moment it's pretty disgusting the filth and slop that I am cleaning and scraping of my purchases. This picture is only one I took as an example. I have had much, much worse. Oh and this was "cleaned and tested" - nope..

Yep, though that'd remove my source of old kit. I rely on people finding old kit in their loft and putting the minimum amount of effort in. Means I can score kit for next to nothing and restore it. Got some very nice old computers and consoles that way. But if you actually want a decent return then clean it, test it, photograph it well, and make sure it gets to it's destination intact.

Here is a good example. This was the picture in the auction for a 800XL I bought for about £35:

800XL-1.thumb.jpg.3411888e4e3ee074b707879145114eb9.jpg

...and the same machine after cleaning (it was working, no retrobrite or anything, just a strip, clean and re-assemble):

800XL-3.thumb.jpg.bbddd5db3701e4b1647c02ae26d3c9ac.jpg

Edited by juansolo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Zap1982 said:

- Clean it.  I have bought a lot off eBay lately and given the whole focus on hygiene at the moment it's pretty disgusting the filth and slop that I am cleaning and scraping of my purchases. 

100%!   I recently bought some N64 controllers off eBay.  Good grief - I could see in the photos that they were grungy, but when they arrived I was disgusted with how filthy they were!  Clearly the seller couldn't be bothered to even wipe down the controllers with a damp cloth or a paper towel.  Yuck!

7 hours ago, ls650 said:

100%!   I recently bought some N64 controllers off eBay.  Good grief - I could see in the photos that they were grungy, but when they arrived I was disgusted with how filthy they were!  Clearly the seller couldn't be bothered to even wipe down the controllers with a damp cloth or a paper towel.  Yuck!

I made a further post which has gone for some reason.. never mind. I try not to rant on this topic but honestly it bugs me.

I clean everything I send, it's just what you do. It's plain nasty how dirty some people are. The two types of eBay dirt I refer to as the following:

Greb - a build up of filth often in the joints / seals. You can get rid with a toothpick it's like earwax or something.

Slop - spatters of fluids.. wouldn't like to think but all crusty that you have really go at and sometimes leaves stains.

I recently bought a boxed megadrive game. I could see it had some ex-rental markings but looked past that. When it arrived the top of the case about an inch thick in dust. Greb down the clamshell and a nice big coffee cup stain on the back protective film.

It cleaned up and looks pretty great, it took me about two minutes!