IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 14 - Game 2 - Lock N Chase

20 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I have probably tried at least 50 times to top my current score of 39k to try to get past 50k.

I cant do it. And the reason is greed,and the money bags.

I relentlessly chase the money and die when I should just clear the screen of dots.

Gotta turn a blind eye.....

It’s all in my “Winning Guide to Lock N Chase” a few pages back. It will double your score. No Charge :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I have probably tried at least 50 times to top my current score of 39k to try to get past 50k.

I cant do it. And the reason is greed,and the money bags.

I relentlessly chase the money and die when I should just clear the screen of dots.

Gotta turn a blind eye.....

It's not only greed but horrible game setup as well. The green doors that shut right as you are going for the money and then you get caught because of them when you were definitely getting in and out unscathed. In my opinion one of the worst Intellivision development decisions ever. This game 'should' be about speed, but it can't be because of the random closings of the green doors. Just a horrible development decision HORRIBLE!!!!!! ?

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rickster8 said:

It's not only greed but horrible game setup as well. The green doors that shut right as you are going for the money and then you get caught because of them when you were definitely getting in and out unscathed. In my opinion one of the worst Intellivision development decisions ever. This game 'should' be about speed, but it can't be because of the random closings of the green doors. Just horrible development decision HORRIBLE!!!!!! ?

YES!!! All of this as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

It's not only greed but horrible game setup as well. The green doors that shut right as you are going for the money and then you get caught because of them when you were definitely getting in and out unscathed. In my opinion one of the worst Intellivision development decisions ever. This game 'should' be about speed, but it can't be because of the random closings of the green doors. Just horrible development decision HORRIBLE!!!!!! ?

I wholeheartedly agree Rick!!  Can’t stand the green doors. So stupid!!

• Like 1

I'm playing the 'collapsing Lupin' rom here. Not sure what that means as far as control input, but I can tell you that in my original cartridge version, you could be stuck on one side of a door and the cops on the other side couldn't get you, giving you a split second to run away when the door opened. Not so here, as cops on the other side of doors kill me instantly through the door ?

It's worth noting (if not mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere), that there seems to be a control input buffer that lets you plan a couple of moves in advance. For instance, after grabbing the cash in the middle and while the movement is stopped, you can tap LEFT and then UP and your thief will execute those moves in that order when the action continues. I find this to be very useful.

PXL_20210213_200941235.thumb.jpg.83be639e1ce73d24f9b1ab4cb2d1d502.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, popsicle said:

I'm playing the 'collapsing Lupin' rom here. Not sure what that means as far as control input, but I can tell you that in my original cartridge version, you could be stuck on one side of a door and the cops on the other side couldn't get you, giving you a split second to run away when the door opened. Not so here, as cops on the other side of doors kill me instantly through the door ?

It's worth noting (if not mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere), that there seems to be a control input buffer that lets you plan a couple of moves in advance. For instance, after grabbing the cash in the middle and while the movement is stopped, you can tap LEFT and then UP and your thief will execute those moves in that order when the action continues. I find this to be very useful.

PXL_20210213_200941235.thumb.jpg.83be639e1ce73d24f9b1ab4cb2d1d502.jpg

Very observent on you, you can do that off a BANK collection :) It definitely helps but sometimes can hinder if u run into a green door :)