IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 14 - Game 2 - Lock N Chase

5 hours ago, cparsley said:

My goal is still some day to roll that scoreboard.... granted the game has a glitch not showing the # underneath like it should, but it is still possible to tell a score that's been rolled once.

You should at least go for the world record at 217720.  There's still time today. 

So a score of under 16k showing the heart would mean it's been rolled, is that it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

You should at least go for the world record at 217720.  There's still time today. 

So a score of under 16k showing the heart would mean it's been rolled, is that it?

Actually no...I've seen it only once. One it rolls at around 300k, two, there would be a definite tell-tale to the scoreboard if/when it happens, I'll be able to confirm it happened if we see it. For that reason, I will hold off on what it is till then.

Also, for the rare group of us 100k+'ers, have any of you tried a NEW Game without resetting once having a 100k game? If you haven't I suggest you give it a try, you'll likely get your ass handed to you (It plays like Zelda I's 2nd Quest, a technological marvel for an early 1980s game.) The game gave you a hint when you hit that 100k total by playing the BONUS whistle. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

You can use the cheat to roll the score anytime, but I don't see anything to indicate it's been rolled.

It's impossible to have a score of 16k or less at the heart stage unless the score has been rolled.

It's too early to think :)  But you did get me curious, so I popped the cart back in and manually counted the dots.... 16,560 would be the min with no bonus prizes, no banks, or cops locked (except the bottom right corner which doesn't award points) thru the end of the key board. Stop making me have to think on a Sunday morning :)

• Haha 1

Well, I popped this in, "just one more time", hoping to improve, not so much.

Mostly repeating things that have already been said, but this game is horrible.

I play a LOT of systems, haha. Good on some, not so good on others, but high-level play Friends on most of them, I, uhhh..."talk" a lot(Matt...Rick...haha!).

Like it or not, yur mostly either "us"(the type people that would participate here), or you hate the INT controller, haha, not a lot of in-between.

For me it's more of a consistency issue, some days it seems like it cooperates more than others, my own skill notwithstanding, you can just "tell", but I really do like it when it's "on point", is "different", but becomes very natural after a while.

So I'm not bagging on the INT, not even particularly bagging on "the controls", they do seem to do what they are programmed to do and all, but the problem is in the actual programming itself, the game just blows, they just shouldn't have bothered making it.

Don't plan to do this every game, and...in all truth, haha, I'm scrambling for INT playtime right now, again, kinda trying to push myself in the 2600 HSC, on a roll there, hate to blow it, but I'll still try to keep up every week, I have Demon Attack out, but I don't imagine I'll even be good enough at it to get to the glitch thingie, haha, seems like my past attempts at it sucked.

But really, it(L&C)just has me so ticked right now, I wanted to say bad things about it "out loud".

Chess...

Crap.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah I love the Intellivision. I grew up playing it. The disc has it's good and it's bad. For certain games it's spot on, but for some games it's completely DREADFUL!!!! The worst games disc-wise are LNC, Beauty and the Beast and the game we do not utter here or Biffman will kill us. Hint, it's made by Coleco and it rhymes with 'House-Slap',,,, hahahahahahha these three games are pathetic controls wise..... Matt would also include Night Stalker. I don't find Night Stalker that bad because on that game I will over compensate knowing the controls aren't great so I'm ready and make it work. That methodology doesn't work with the three games mentioned above. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, cparsley said:

Also, for the rare group of us 100k+'ers, have any of you tried a NEW Game without resetting once having a 100k game? If you haven't I suggest you give it a try, you'll likely get your ass handed to you (It plays like Zelda I's 2nd Quest, a technological marvel for an early 1980s game.) The game gave you a hint when you hit that 100k total by playing the BONUS whistle. :)

I estimate maybe 20 of us 100k’ers. I reset every time instead of the side button to restart on disc level.  I never had a good game using the side button restart.

i also wish you guys had posted the mammoth scores earlier :)  I would have been up there. But I stopped on my third day thinking I’m solid at least in second place. I need much more time to hit your guys scores :) 

well done guys! 

34 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I estimate maybe 20 of us 100k’ers. I reset every time instead of the side button to restart on disc level.  I never had a good game using the side button restart.

i also wish you guys had posted the mammoth scores earlier :)  I would have been up there. But I stopped on my third day thinking I’m solid at least in second place. I need much more time to hit your guys scores :) 

well done guys! 

Nobody remembers who came in second.  : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Didn't get time to play this one until tonight, but I'm very rusty and probably hate this frustrating game ? If I can calm down, I might try again later tonight.

IMG_20210214_190037.thumb.jpg.8f102fe249f90e706ccb4a4ba9f9b752.jpg

Yeah man it REALLY is a bad game... Had potential with a fun concept but the execution is / was just terrible.... Again this game should have been about speed. The inclusion of the green door locks is just stupid especially when you are trying to get the money then you get blocked out by the green doors shutting and then you get caught when before you were 'in the clear'. And getting caught when a cop gets you with his foot is also STUPID. The two long vertical corridors are almost impassable. You can only dare to go thru them if all 4 of the coppers are far away.... Finally the controls are woefully bad... Great Concept for a game, crappy execution and piss poor development decisions.... ?

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Yeah man it REALLY is a bad game... Had potential with a fun concept but the execution is / was just terrible.... Again this game should have been about speed. The inclusion of the green door locks is just stupid especially when you are trying to get the money then you get blocked out by the green doors shutting and then you get caught when before you were 'in the clear'. And getting caught when a cop gets you with his foot is also STUPID. The two long vertical corridors are almost impassable. You can only dare to go thru them if all 4 of the coppers are far away.... Finally the controls are woefully bad... Great Concept for a game, crappy execution and piss poor development decisions.... ?

The long corridors are the reason those should be your FIRST CLEARS (before bank 1 appears) as the cops will delay before leaving their corners at the start of a level :) Then you don't have to worry about those long paths the rest of the level :)

• Like 1