IGNORED

Looking to trade:unused Gemini for working Jaguar

I check in every day to this thread, and it just keeps getting better. Did someone say entertaining? I can't recall a BST thread this good since... I don't know... back in 89?

I owned a Gemini and really liked it. This one looks like it's in great shape. The first thing I'd want to know is if the paddles work on one or both of the sticks (which in my experience, are awesome).

The OP appreciates the constructive criticism, yet does absolutely nothing to follow up on it. He sold a Delorean, etc... wasn't there another batshit crazy post in the last year or so with a guy who reverted to writing about how he sold an expensive sports car?

Something tells me you're not going to yield a Jaguar trade, much less Jaguar money, for this admittedly quality item that you would have easily fetched a hundred bucks for if you hadn't acted so goofy. But I see a lot of Bill Shatner gifs in your future, for what it's worth (again no more than 100 USD). 

• Like 1

It’s very entertaining. I have nothing to lose by swinging for the fences. I’ve taken what I can from people and reworded my ad, upgraded the pics and been as honest as I could about the Gemini. I’m not going to change the category to anything less than open box because to me that’s what it is and it’s my risk at the end of the day.. I’ve received  nice side notes from others who wish me well. I’ve gotten crazy offers from people  who want to me to ship this thing across the world and that just reeks of disaster. I too check this post more often than I should because 14 year old me is enjoying the heck out of collecting. If I owned the 2600, Intellivison and Colecovision back then I would have been the richest kid on the block. I really don’t even want a Jaguar but feel a responsibility to myself to complete the collection. So go ahead, make memes of me, bully me and make stupid little jokes. I’ll laugh it off. To the others who have been nice about it, I thank you. 

3 hours ago, Kid Ice said:

You’re a good sport. I really think you should test it out before you sell it. Best of luck!

I have no problem doing that. I’ve told potential buyers that I would make a video of everything working before I shipped if that’s what they want. Maybe someone doesn’t want that or wants me to use a different cart? These guys on here crack me up. I’ve never seen a group worry about a $100 item so much. I mean that must be what it’s worth, they’ve told me that a thousand times. I’d love to hear what they tell the guy who wants $2500 for his. How much does that torn box lessen  the value?

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, wongojack said:

@DidSomeoneSayAtari? That is definitely better than you would have done here - even if things had started out a little different.

It was a good learning experience. I ended up buying a second Jaguar at a bargain price right after I bought this one. Once I clean it up and pair it with a game I should be able to make enough to break even on the whole thing. 

• Like 1