IGNORED

Upcoming Feature - Host Slot to Host Slot Copy.

Very nice feature.

So now "Fuji Commander" can be written to do a file management: 2 panels with copy / rename / delete etc. ?

Do you plan to provide some progress checking of (long) copy e.g. commands to create/start copy session, query status, abort session?

sigh. :) Everybody is thinking we have memory like on our PC's.

I deliberately tried to stay away from this thought, and only implemented host to host file copy reticently.

If you guys want a full file manager, then we:

(1) need to find the memory

(2) need to find the space in the UI, THAT DOESN'T INFRINGE ON THIS PROGRAM'S PRIMARY PURPOSE OF SETTING UP SLOTS.

-Thom

2 hours ago, mozzwald said:

"Fuji Commander" as a separate program from config sounds like good idea. Config is already too big.

A Fujinet splash screen could be slapped onto the "Fuji Commander" if it's a separate program, maybe have it reside in extended memory for those with more than 64K. Maybe even something that works from inside SDX as well and can be set up in memory reserved for it in the Config.sys.  A program like Fdisk or SDX menu file server. Unless the point is to have a "Fuji Commander" as a solo program so SDX doesn't have to be involved at all. Just spit-wadding to see what sticks as I don't know anything about R: and N: handlers yet and what all can already be done through SDX.

Edited by Gunstar

I agree with the idea of simple Config tool and the file manager as a separate program. Currently provided copy feature bundled with Config tool is a good compromise until file manager will be written by some nice volunteer.

For the file manager, set of SIO commands to watch/control the copy progress would be nice to have. This would allow to update progress bar, do background copy, etc. - just ideas for future, nothing to worry now

Thanks for current copy feature :) Previously, I tried to copy some disk image from remote to local and the process was ... not very smooth. (seems I should improve TNFS in Linux port I started or to order real hardware :-)

• 2 years later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:31 AM, tschak909 said:

#Atari8bit An upcoming #FujiNet feature is the ability to copy a file from one host slot to another, e.g. from a TNFS server to your local SD card. It doesn't matter what the file is. The copy happens entirely on the #ESP32.

Hi @tschak909 - hey, it's Christmas. Ignore this during your break.

Thank you for this. Is this the same functionality as implemented by the FCOPY command? I can't get the latter to work.

Let's say I have the TNFS host fujinet.online mounted in host slot 2, and my SD card at slot 8. I want to copy a file located on the host slot 2 path ATARI/FujiNet-Apps/www.atr to the host slot 8 path ATR (which exists.)

I can use the COPY function in CONFIG to copy the named ATR, but the following FCOPY command hangs for a time (with no disk access light lit on the FujiNet, as I get when using CONFIG's COPY function) and after a minute or two the Atari crashes with a mangled display list. (...in typical Atari 8-bit style.)

FCOPY 2,ATARI/FujiNet-Apps/www.atr,8,ATR

What's going on there?

I'm looking at the source for FCOPY here: https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-config-tools/blob/master/atari/fcopy/src/main.c.

Though it seems to have code to interactively prompt for all four arguments, when run without args it spits out the usage hint on line 92.

My machine is an Atari 800 with INCOGNITO in XL mode running Sparta DOS X.

I'm asking because I'm interested in updating the documentation for the FujiNet commands: https://oldbytes.space/@fluidlogic/111631547821949297