IGNORED

bb4web: compile Batari Basic from the browser.

haroldoop

Hello;

This is a quick and dirty experiment to compile Batari Basic source files directly from the browser.

image.thumb.png.9687b07641c093032d66a6bdd1f10a02.png

It uses a few pieces of JS source code from 8bitworkshop (only the strictly minimum ammount needed for Batari Basic compilation) and provides a simple custom interface on top of it.

As you edit the bB code on the left panel, it automagically compiles it displays the generated ASM files on the middle pabel, and runs the assembled ROM on the Javatari emulator on the right panel.

That's all it does; nothing else. This is mostly a proof of concept in order to make a future code generator.

Edited by haroldoop
Corrected typo.
  • Like 3

I've tried copy-and-pasting several projects including my very first a.k.a. "Drunken Pooper" and had no success.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/165286-conversion-of-drunken-pooper/

Does your web based solution support all the different canned kernels or just the bare bones one used when you don't specify "kernel_options"?

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 4:56 AM, Gemintronic said:

I've tried copy-and-pasting several projects including my very first a.k.a. "Drunken Pooper" and had no success.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/165286-conversion-of-drunken-pooper/

Does your web based solution support all the different canned kernels or just the bare bones one used when you don't specify "kernel_options"?

Hello, and thanks for the report... I tested the provided source file on 8bitworkshop (which is what I used as a basis for this experimental tool), and, yes, in either case, it does not work. Both tools aren't restricted to just default "kernel_options", since the Duck Chase example does customize them, but there seems to be limitations.

Edited by haroldoop
  • Like 1