IGNORED

Jaguar CD Repair (Black Screen of Death)

M2theCello

Please read before commenting 

So I have been doing console repairs for some time and have repaired several Jaguar CDs. One that came in for repair the Jag CD is making a clean connection to the Jaguar that the power light comes on but no sound like a rsod, and no images pops up at all just a black screen.

The person who sent it in for repair got it years ago as not working. I opened not up and someone was in there as screws were missing.

Its definitely the Jaguar CD with the issue and not the Jaguar as I have several Jaguars to test on.

I have good power supplies that work on all my other Jaguar and Jaguar CDS

I have not found any shorts, nothing obvious blown like needing a new voltage regulator.

Replaced all the caps, ever tried swapping the bios chip and still nothing.

My next step is to swap out the molex connectors but don't want to go through that if it likely won't solve the issue.

If anyone has had this issue and fixed what component could be faulty. 

I have repaired a few Jagaurs that has no sound or image but also ran into 1 bugger that nothing worked.

So again Jaguar CD no image no sound any ideas?

16123627236511649030492693078136.jpg

Are you 100% sure all pins connecting the jag cd to the jaguar are still functional? I’ve had a game that powered my jaguar on but also only gave a black screen, one pin was heavily corroded and after scrubbing it with some anti corrosion stuff and pure ethanol it worked again. 

Strangely every time I tested that game on my jaguar cd it gave a RSoD half the time while it usually doesn’t do that. 

3 minutes ago, WilcoL said:

Are you 100% sure all pins connecting the jag cd to the jaguar are still functional? I’ve had a game that powered my jaguar on but also only gave a black screen, one pin was heavily corroded and after scrubbing it with some anti corrosion stuff and pure ethanol it worked again. 

Strangely every time I tested that game on my jaguar cd it gave a RSoD half the time while it usually doesn’t do that. 

I went through a thorough cleaning, no visible corrosion, I might just need to swap that molex connector with another one to rule out.