IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Week 1 ~ Arcade Games

Vocelli

22 minutes ago, TheActivisionary said:

Thanks for the heads up, sorry I didn’t notice that before

Hated to appear anywhere close to "policing", Man, I just happened to notice it.

Still, great score, some of the scores on this were beyond nuts, doesn't mean we didn't at least do "ok"!

:)

4 minutes ago, Rogerpoco said:

Hated to appear anywhere close to "policing", Man, I just happened to notice it.

Still, great score, some of the scores on this were beyond nuts, doesn't mean we didn't at least do "ok"!

:)

No you’re totally fine, I’m still not sure how I missed that! Also I agree, I find it hard to believe that people scored as high as they did. On some of the later boards, the robot fire is just too fast for me to dodge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheActivisionary said:

No you’re totally fine, I’m still not sure how I missed that! Also I agree, I find it hard to believe that people scored as high as they did. On some of the later boards, the robot fire is just too fast for me to dodge.

I've got a buddy, Stygian, doesn't play here-116,600.

!!!

Haha, Holy friggin monkey!!!

Is "on vid", I promise, it's legit to score as high as the scores here, but it just makes me want to give it up, lol!

For me, moreso than avoiding fire(nearly impossible, don't get me wrong), it seemed like it constantly "sterted" screens with me literally right on top of a robot, not a damned thing I could do, no matter the "skill".

I'm sure you DO know, but you just never know what some people are "thinking about", as they are playing, how to position themselves on entering a room, blah, blah-I'd say like card magic, there are a dozen solid "tricks" you have to learn on this, and then it's intuitive, almost manipulatable(I have no idea if that's a word, TBH).

• Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 10:51 AM, TheActivisionary said:

Believe me, I too have had my share of being skeptical of these photos in these photo-only, friendly competitions, some of the skepticism warranted, some not so much. Some players post videos on their YT channels when they get a good score here for others to see and get some good strategies and tips. Not everyone posts video, obviously, but it's a good practice, imho. I do this myself for every 1st or 2nd place I've gotten here (unless my score doesn't even beat my own PB that I have a already have published video of). For others it seems as though posting video of a record that literally no human being has achieved in ~40 years (even though thousands have tried including many world-class players) is too much of a hassle for them, even though I can't see what the hassle is. It is what it is I suppose.

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ZilchSr said:

Believe me, I too have had my share of skepticism in these photo-only, friendly competitions, some of the skepticism warranted, some not so much. Some players post videos on their YT channels when they get a good score here for others to see and get some good strategies and tips. Not everyone posts video, obviously, but it's a good practice, imho. I do this myself for every 1st or 2nd place I've gotten here (unless my score doesn't even beat my own PB that I have a already have published video of). For others it seems as though posting video of a record that literally no human being has achieved in ~40 years (even though thousands have tried including many world-class players) is too much of a hassle for them, even though I can't see what the hassle is. It is what it is I suppose.

ZilchSr, what do you use for your recording HSC solution.

Back when I started in the new HSC: S3, I was running one of those junkie HP notebooks that were all the rage before tablets, with non-standard resolutions and windows XP. I don’t think I ever figured out how to record gameplay with Stella, so I tried a few other emulators. I think an offshoot of MAME, but for consoles was the next thing I tried, but the file size grew too rapidly (or maybe it just recorded screenshots 60 times a second, and I used Microsoft Movie Maker to paste them all into a continuous video. I don’t remember, but it was awful.  

I eventually found another emulator I think, but it seems to only record video and no sound. I think I posted a couple YouTube videos with gameplay hints for California Games and Dragonfire using that emulator/recoding method.

These days I run an intel i5, and Win7, so I know there has to be a better solution. Something that can compress the file size as it generates the recording (Atari 2600 is only 192x168, so the file size shouldn’t grow that big for 2 hour gameplay I hope.) Hopefully ignoring the 2x/3x pixel video setting in Stella and only saving the original resolution video while my eyes get to see the magnified view.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

ZilchSr, what do you use for your recording HSC solution.

Back when I started in the new HSC: S3, I was running one of those junkie HP notebooks that were all the rage before tablets, with non-standard resolutions and windows XP. I don’t think I ever figured out how to record gameplay with Stella, so I tried a few other emulators. I think an offshoot of MAME, but for consoles was the next thing I tried, but the file size grew too rapidly (or maybe it just recorded screenshots 60 times a second, and I used Microsoft Movie Maker to paste them all into a continuous video. I don’t remember, but it was awful.  

I eventually found another emulator I think, but it seems to only record video and no sound. I think I posted a couple YouTube videos with gameplay hints for California Games and Dragonfire using that emulator/recoding method.

These days I run an intel i5, and Win7, so I know there has to be a better solution. Something that can compress the file size as it generates the recording (Atari 2600 is only 192x168, so the file size shouldn’t grow that big for 2 hour gameplay I hope.) Hopefully ignoring the 2x/3x pixel video setting in Stella and only saving the original resolution video while my eyes get to see the magnified view.

The best *by far* in my opinion is "OBS Studio". It is totally free ... no stupid adware/malware/"complete this survey first"/redirects/popups/ads, etc. No-nonsense, powerful and EASY to set up and use. At the moment, I believe it is the industry standard-bearer for beginners like myself.

https://obsproject.com/

You can check out my youtube channel for some ideas as well.

https://youtube.com/zilchsr

Let me know if you need help!

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Vocelli said:

Because you came back to the HSC and joined Season 11

I'm surprised because I don't remember that I played in this HSC before !!

In which previous season did you find me playing ?

Also, can you please verify my last overall standing score because I got (+14)(+10) for Venture, (+47) for Berzerk and (+38) for Millipede for a total of 109.

Edited by RaymanC
Need to verify some info

1 hour ago, RaymanC said:

I'm surprised because I don't remember that I played in this HSC before !! In which previous season did you find me playing ?

You are correct!!!

Dang, could have swore I thought you played before.

Making the correction now.

UPDATE: fixed. Your total points are correct on the Week 3 Overall Standings thread.

Edited by Vocelli
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vocelli said:

You points for Millipede were added on Monday and posted in the Overall standings on the Week 3 Thread.

Please look on the Week 3 Thread in the overall standings. It includes your Week 1 and Week 2 points.

Thanks.

I have checked the overall standings on the Week 3 Thread and it still says that I have 86 points.

My points so far are:  

Week 1:

(+14) for Venture

(+25) Bonus Points for New Players  

(+47) for Berzerk

Week2:

(+38) for Millipede

My total points are 124.

Can you please update my overall standing on the Week 3 Thread ?

7 hours ago, RaymanC said:

I have checked the overall standings on the Week 3 Thread and it still says that I have 86 points.

My points so far are:  

Week 1:

(+14) for Venture

(+25) Bonus Points for New Players  

(+47) for Berzerk

Week2:

(+38) for Millipede

My total points are 124.

Can you please update my overall standing on the Week 3 Thread ?

Got it. Sorry for the confusion on my part... I haven't had a day off in 3 weeks from work.

All is fixed.

• Thanks 1