IGNORED

Upsad Down (NES)

Fadest

I'm working on my first NES game (I have some experience with Atari Lynx, ST and Jaguar).

It can be described as a mix between 2 iconics games with bricks : probable the most classic puzzle game and an arcade game where you must control a ball to destroy bricks.

So this is a mix, and the ball will change your perception and reflex. Will it be helpful or awful ? It's up to you to control it. At at least try to control it.

svQW6p.png

The game is still in development and playable via online emulator here :

https://fadest.itch.io/upsad-down

Right now, there is only 2 modes, Single mode where you have better control on the game, and Special mode where situation can become worse at any time.

Once those modes are ready, I will add a Story mode where you explore a platform game, and have to complete some challenges in order to progress.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Asaki said:

First I thought "Oh, another Tetris game."

But this looks like it might be a neat twist.

I can't get the emulator to run on Firefox, though.

Must be some other issue or problem with your browser, I just loaded it up in Firefox and it runs fine, is yours up to date? 

Capture.thumb.PNG.edfbca49a005bfd7b4c828686c6ceb21.PNG

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

2 hours ago, Asaki said:

First I thought "Oh, another Tetris game."

But this looks like it might be a neat twist.

Yes, this is not the usual another Tetris clone. In fact, codename was TetrisNoid, but I guess infringing 2 copyrightes names is not better than once (just like the Tetris Raiden I made for Lynx - that had very few in common with Tetris & Raiden in fact - renamed in Raid over Tri City).

I don't kown for Firefox, does other NES games like FROM BELOW - A Real NES Game! by mhughson (itch.io) work (another Tetris variation) ?

But if you want to play the game on an amulator or real NES, the ROM is now downloadable from itch.io page.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fadest said:

But if you want to play the game on an amulator or real NES, the ROM is now downloadable from itch.io page.

Oh, okay, cool :)

22 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Must be some other issue or problem with your browser, I just loaded it up in Firefox and it runs fine, is yours up to date?

Mine was up to date, until today. Now it wants me to restart.

Mine doesn't look like yours, though.

Could always be a NoScript issue, though I disabled it and it still didn't work. *shrugs*

Edit: Nevermind. I refreshed it a couple times, and eventually it loaded.

Edited by Asaki
  • Like 1