IGNORED

Sort of roundabout TI-99/4A related, but could be considered off topic. (Project)

Omega-TI

With all the cheap kits like Arduinos and Raspberry Pi's,  I was wondering if it could be possible to make a dedicated TI-99/4A chat network.  The idea would be a the hidden (so-called "dark web"), but an available 24/7 place for us all to chat when in our dens, or game rooms.

1) These devices take very little power, and could effectively be on 24/7.

2) Of course the microphone could be switched off, but whenever someone is around, a voice activated circuit could "broadcast" anything someone wanted to say.

3) If you prefer not to leave it on 24/7 a power sensing circuit could be hooked up to the TI, so whenever the TI is on, it could be on as well.

Imagine if you could hands freely speak up right now and say, "Anyone playing with their TI right now", and get numerous responses back.  Imagine the kinds of discussions that could arise out of the blue?

15 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I hope we're not talking about mothballing this forum...?

Naw, if anything it might increase activity here.  First I doubt the majority would be interested in this project, but those that do would be able to talk freely and discuss things at a different level.  Stuff talked about would probably migrate back here.

Edited by Omega-TI
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 5:59 AM, wierd_w said:

Lightweight IRC implementation would be doable I think.

Yes I agree, IRC/mIRC could be very nice to have. There are a lot of IRC servers still active too. 

http://www.mircmania.it/irc-network-irc.asp?fbclid=IwAR34iJWjuvQTSD96ClcgLb8ANlCAxOBc40IHGJQ8bmDBM2D87MKtK9Y2ZJ0

So... Back to 1991 reality ?

Edited by ti99iuc