IGNORED

Atari 130XE Remake

santosp

2 hours ago, MrFish said:

Nice!

I'm guessing the CR2032 is for battery-backed RAM?

Yes.

1 hour ago, ZuluGula said:

Do you have one assembled? When it will be available?

I have start from today. I am between my daily job, night school for degree upgrade, and this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, candle said:

i must ask

are there any provisions for stereo audio output?

i'ts pretty common novadays i think...

Except for the two only needed signals "A4" and "BELL" near the Pokey ic, as to work for example the "Simple Stereo Upgrade" or something similar,... No.  

Now if someone not use the "VBXE" addon, it can choose two unused pins from the same 8 DIN connector, as to drive stereo signal from the same cable. This is one of the reasons who I decided to use a 2 row 10 pin connector.

For all the other case, someone it can choose any place in the plastic shell it desire, as to drill and place the RCA connectors.

• Like 1

Hello Panos

If this isn't the final version yet, could you please add a pick up place for the extra signal the PokeyMax needs for Quad Pokey (to select the 3rd and 4th Pokey)?  I'm not sure, but I guess that might be "A5".

Sincerely

Mathy

Hi,

The test period ended with success. All stages work properly!  Now I can ship the rest of boards in any interested member.  I have 6 more pieces available. 

Anyone who needs one, let me know in a personal message. 

•  
  •  

IMG_0938.JPG

Edited by santosp
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, mytek said:

Thank you @santosp for including a place to plug-in a TK-II, I wasn't expecting that :) .

The board looks very clean and well layed out ?

Thank you Michael. Even if I haven't try it either once, I think that is the most compact and best PS2 solution for our Atari's ever designed.  So from my side I would like to thank you who give this to us. ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello Santosp,

Curious, does your MB route the missing chroma line to the display connector?  This would be useful for users wanting to use the S-video connection.  Anyway, I do hope you do run another batch of motherboards as I'd love to get one as well.  It was also requested above but is there a Digikey or other BOM pre-created to buy all the needed RAM, passives, connectors, sockets, etc?  That's the route I would take and I guess the only other question is other than needing the custom silicon chips, is there anything else missing that would need to be scrounged up from an old board?

--David