IGNORED

Best place to buy an SIO2SD ?

AtariNostalgia

14 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

With no screen, how do you select/change disk images on the FujiNet?

*facepalm*

one of:

1. Tap reset on fujinet, system reset into CONFIG.

2. use the fujinet-config-tools to mount a new image

3. tap reset, load CONFIG from D1: in SpartaDOS X

4. Use button A to rotate the next slot into D1:

take your pick.

-Thom

Edited by tschak909

1 minute ago, bfollowell said:

I need to go watch some of the videos of the FujiNet in action. I want to pick one up this year.

EDIT

It's funny that you edited and added the video, while I was posting about needing to go watch some videos. Thanks.

FujiNet in 15 minutes: 

There is ZERO reason for an SDrive device anymore, for any reason.

-Thom

23 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

Why are you making it so difficult?! The FujiNet _HAS_ an SD card slot, it can take over ALL of the functions of an SIO2SD, full stop.

-Thom

hey Thom,

I haven't made anything difficult, quite the opposite.   The sio2sd just works all the time, couldn't be simpler.

I saw your video,  I will put a link below for reference.  Actually I'm quite impressed with that setup, and may choose it someday a u1mb system with fujinet, but this machine has side2 cartridge - and the side2 provides spartados.

You state in the video sometime after 2:30 to 3:00 minute mark "SpartaDosX inadvertently shuts off the rom disk" and "when you try to access drive 1 you'll find that nothing is there"  and you get the error "Device will not respond"    You further clarify this is OK, though, because all you have to do is tap the cold reset button again and then issue a "COLD /N"

For me what is even simpler than being config walled and then tapping buttons and doing reboots - is just having a device that doesn't require that.

I got taken to task for not watching the videos, so I have watched the video, doesn't mean I haven't missed something - that happens all the time.  So I'm glad to learn.  Btw, I truly was impressed by the operation - if I get one of those new external u1mb setups that candle is inventing right now, I may very well exactly want a u1mb/Fujinet/sdx setup whereby I no longer use a side2 cartridge.

But with side2, I like the fact that it provides sdx, provides a "hdd" permanently and my sio2sd is hooked up when I want to provide an additional disk, and it works, it has no issues and no special steps. 

Anecdotal on my part here and not a slight to the SDrive Max or any other device, but I can’t imagine a scenario where I’d choose any of them over a FujiNet. 

Turn the SAM voice function on, load up the disk images you will be swapping, and press a button. If you are going into a different program all together I can’t see an advantage of not using the display device connected to your Atari. The printer support is just so frigging cool, too. The networking support is just awesome. I will be getting two more very soon. Simply awesome gear for these machines. 

4 hours ago, tschak909 said:

FujiNet in 15 minutes: 

There is ZERO reason for an SDrive device anymore, for any reason.

-Thom

I should've watched that a long time ago. Definitely have to pick one of these up soon!

EDIT

Well,eventually. It looks like v1.3 is a must for me, but there have been issues and production has been suspended, so I guess I'll wait for it to restart or a new version. I'll just bide my time.

Edited by bfollowell

9 hours ago, Mark2008 said:

But with side2, I like the fact that it provides sdx, provides a "hdd" permanently and my sio2sd is hooked up when I want to provide an additional disk, and it works, it has no issues and no special steps. 

I use drives >5 on my Side2/Incognito/IDE+ addons. That way drives 1-4 are always available with whatever else I want to do.

5 hours ago, bfollowell said:

I should've watched that a long time ago. Definitely have to pick one of these up soon!

EDIT

Well,eventually. It looks like v1.3 is a must for me, but there have been issues and production has been suspended, so I guess I'll wait for it to restart or a new version. I'll just bide my time.

What are you using to need a 1.3? (i'd honestly say maybe .01% of users actually need it.)

-Thom

1 hour ago, bfollowell said:

A 1088XEL for one.

And just so I understand v1.3 is actually a physically different design. Something inherently different from a 1.0. Not just a firmware update?

If that's the case, and since one of the new features listed for v1.3 is Now works with the 1088XEL/XLD!, I really need to wait for an upgraded version that will work with my machine. I mean, I have an 800XL and a 600XL that I'd probably use it on occasionally, but my daily driver is my 1088XEL, and since v1.3 says it now works with it, I kind of have to assume that v1.0 doesn't.

If it were just a firmware update, I could get a 1.0 and update it later when they get the bugs worked out. It seems odd that Gavin would be selling both versions though, if it were only a firmware update.

I still have a lot to learn though.

• 3 months later...