IGNORED

Atari Jaguar on Atari VCS?

82-T/A

4 hours ago, sn8k said:

Have a copy of Donkey Kong 7800 for sale?

I'll have to check. I just moved and I've kept a few things in boxes as I'm re-doing the flooring. Now that I have a VCS and a RetroPie, I'll probably get rid of all my Atari 7800 stuff too... so I'll see.

On 2/6/2021 at 2:40 PM, 82-T/A said:

Yeah, I started doing that too. I got rid of maybe 3/4ths of all my game systems... and maybe half of that I gave away for free on here. I just didn't really want any of it anymore, and never played it. I have a Saturn, Dreamcast, Super Nintendo, two NESes, and a bunch of Atari systems... and maybe ~50 Atari 2600 and 7800 games still in the original box (shrinkwrapped). I don't know why I have any of this stuff... I haven't played ANY of it in years.

I played the NES with the original Final Fantasy a couple of months ago.. but that ended quick. I'm thinking I just need to get rid of all of it and move on. I have my VCS, and I'm enjoying it, and I have this ridiculously expensive gaming computer that I bought, and the last thing I even played on that was Bards Tale in DOS BOX.. lol. I got like this when my wife told me she was pregnant (12 years ago), and I got rid of half of my cars, and half of my computers / games. Over the years, I've just been wanting stuff less and less... and at 42 now... I'm like... when will I ever have time for this? The VCS is cool... and I enjoy it, I don't really need these other systems... sigh... but I do still really like the Jaguar, but again... can't remember the last time I played it. Half of the Atari ST conversion games I bought, I haven't even opened up the boxes yet to play them even once. Not that I don't like them, I just don't get around to it.

Wait until someday when your kid and wife both tell you they have no interest in keeping your collections when you are gone.  If you don't leave them a price list they will just put it in a $10 box for everything at a garage sale

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, rayik said:

Wait until someday when your kid and wife both tell you they have no interest in keeping your collections when you are gone.  If you don't leave them a price list they will just put it in a $10 box for everything at a garage sale

Not sure if you meant that as a direct response to me, or in agreement. Because I was emphatically stating how I've gotten rid of a vast majority of anything that smells like a "collection."

That said, I personally wouldn't care what they do with my stuff when I'm gone. I've tried to emphasize with my daughter that "stuff" owns you if you have too much of it. That things can be fun to have and play with, but there's solace in minimalism as well. "Less is more," is the strategy I go with. I like a decent size house... we have a 2,800 square foot home. Not huge, not small... but we keep it relatively sparse. I have entire walls with nothing on them... I want people to focus more on the architecture of the home, and the pieces that I think are important (some of the photography from my wife, etc.). We've gotten rid of all our "big" furniture, and I just don't like clutter, or nick-nacks... or whatever that stuff is called.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 82-T/A said:

Not sure if you meant that as a direct response to me, or in agreement. Because I was emphatically stating how I've gotten rid of a vast majority of anything that smells like a "collection."

That said, I personally wouldn't care what they do with my stuff when I'm gone. I've tried to emphasize with my daughter that "stuff" owns you if you have too much of it. That things can be fun to have and play with, but there's solace in minimalism as well. "Less is more," is the strategy I go with. I like a decent size house... we have a 2,800 square foot home. Not huge, not small... but we keep it relatively sparse. I have entire walls with nothing on them... I want people to focus more on the architecture of the home, and the pieces that I think are important (some of the photography from my wife, etc.). We've gotten rid of all our "big" furniture, and I just don't like clutter, or nick-nacks... or whatever that stuff is called.

Good lessons to impart.   We are on the same page. 

• Like 1