IGNORED

#FujiNet doesn't boot on 1200XL

Just to close this one out: after finding a number of semi-seated ICs in my 1200, every one of them was pulled and cleaned with contact cleaner (ditto the sockets) before being firmly reinstalled.

The machine now boots the #FujiNet. As a bonus, it also now loads from other SIO devices, too, which is nice.

Excuse to buy #FujiNet number two has now been found :-D

Edited by x=usr(1536)
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 3:43 PM, bandit said:

Went back today to check Fujinet on the Stock 1200xl, first came up with atari logo, then looked at angle, was just a couple hairs offset, Reinstalled and then worked. Looks like it has a close fit with case.

Just make sure it's plugged into the 1200XL all the way, as some cases hace a small bulge.

Well it was on / off working sometimes, turned out the SIO plug on 1200XL had some cold solder joints, been working now 100% for a week !!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

For the 1200xl folks at home.  It wasn't formally stated but, I would expect that the OP, after making the repairs to the 1200xl itself, still had to power the device with an external power supply.  From my own experience, Fujinet works great on my stock 1200xl when used with an external power supply and not at all without it.

17 minutes ago, MagicMarc-er said:

For the 1200xl folks at home.  It wasn't formally stated but, I would expect that the OP, after making the repairs to the 1200xl itself, still had to power the device with an external power supply.

Nope - the 1200XL in question has the +5V SIO mod, and it still powers the FujiNet(s) without issue.  Using external power was only done for testing and was not necessary once the socketed ICs had been pulled, cleaned, and reinserted fully.  More:

17 minutes ago, MagicMarc-er said:

From my own experience, Fujinet works great on my stock 1200xl when used with an external power supply and not at all without it.

If your machine hasn't had the +5V SIO mod done to it, it will need to be done in order for the 1200XL to provide power to the FujiNet.  If it hasn't been, or the mod has problems, this would explain why you may still need to run external power to the FujiNet.