IGNORED

Golgo 13: Kiseki No Dandou. It's just Point Blank except not

awbacon

I was sad that Bamco decided not to release Point Blank X here in the States. While they said it's because they didn't see it selling well, it would've done really well in my arcade (guess I need to import one).

As for Golgo 13 - yeah, that's super rare...not as rare as Namco's odd Alien Sniper game though

On 2/7/2021 at 4:10 PM, Shaggy the Atarian said:

I was sad that Bamco decided not to release Point Blank X here in the States. While they said it's because they didn't see it selling well, it would've done really well in my arcade (guess I need to import one).

As for Golgo 13 - yeah, that's super rare...not as rare as Namco's odd Alien Sniper game though

Yes not getting X was a big letdown. I feel like the Point Blank series did well in the US. Guess now well enough to warrant bringing X over :(

5 hours ago, awbacon said:

Yes not getting X was a big letdown. I feel like the Point Blank series did well in the US. Guess now well enough to warrant bringing X over :(

I spoke with the head of Bamco America about it back when they first showed the English version at a trade show, and he said that PB & PB2 were sort of successful in Europe, but in part it was due to some distributors there over-buying the game and making it look more successful than it actually was. When they looked at the actual sales numbers of the past, plus the tepid response at the show(granted, they didn't really push it and the game was shoved in the back of the booth), they decided against releasing it here ?

Video from that trade show, for anyone who missed what we're talking about:

On 2/12/2021 at 2:15 PM, Shaggy the Atarian said:

I spoke with the head of Bamco America about it back when they first showed the English version at a trade show, and he said that PB & PB2 were sort of successful in Europe, but in part it was due to some distributors there over-buying the game and making it look more successful than it actually was. When they looked at the actual sales numbers of the past, plus the tepid response at the show(granted, they didn't really push it and the game was shoved in the back of the booth), they decided against releasing it here ?

Video from that trade show, for anyone who missed what we're talking about:

I need to look into whether or not X will run on PC with some workaround. Because I really want to play it