IGNORED

Beat It (Remix)

DZ-Jay

Here's a remix I made of the song Beat It, from Michael Jackson's album Thriller.  The song was originally tracked for IntyBASIC by @Nyuundere.  I converted the song data to the Intellivision Music Tracker format and remixed it with new sounds, patterns, and a cool drum track.

I posted the full details of the conversion process in the programming forum, under the thread IMT Tracker Remix: Beat It.  I just thought to share the final result of the remix here as well.  The track uses the extended sound channels of the ECS.

I include the ROM, along with an MP3 and a video recorded from jzIntv.

Enjoy!

Thanks to @Nyuundere for doing the work of tracking the song initially for IntyBASIC (and, of course, to Michael Jackson for writing the original song!).

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Intellivet said:

Awesome version of a great song; loved it!

Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

30 minutes ago, Intellivet said:

For some reason, I have Weird Al's lyrics in my head when I listen to it though.

Hahaha!  That's because it's two remixes in one:  "Beat It" and "Eat It"! ?

13 minutes ago, intellivotion said:

super cool! I love it!

Thanks!  I think it came out really good.

It only misses Eddie van Halen's solo. I assume that that storm of notes can't be reproduced with IntyBasic

Funny thing, we were planning on doing it actually, and I was already dreaming of ways to simulate the pitch bends and trying to come up with an interesting instrument sound in place of the guitar; but alas, @Nyuundere did not have the time to extract the notes of the solo.  Unfortunately, I'm no good at playing by ear, so we skipped it.

If he gets a chance in the future (or if someone else can extract the notes), then I'll surely come back to it.  :)

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1