IGNORED

Signed, Graded Texas Chainsaw Massacre auction on Ebay

Eltigro

28 minutes ago, holygrailvideogames.com said:

I could be wrong but I would bet that most people on AtariAge would prefer that the box not be autographed.  Seller probably would be better off trying to sell this on a Texas Chainsaw Massacre forum than on here.   

I know I would.  For me the writing ruins the value.  Of course I also would crack it out of that awful case if it were mine too.  

1 hour ago, thesofasurfer said:

Explain Andrew.  How is grading and preserving a video game any different then grading a comic, currency, coins, stamps, or sports card.  Really love to hear your rational comment. Sound kinda bitter if u ask me.

Despite your little jab, I'll give a rational and hopefully polite reply, and that'll probably be the end of my participation.

You are a newcomer to a community which has been running for over 25 years. I was there pretty much at the start, and I have spent (literally) decades working on this hobby to make it an interesting and fun place not only for me, but for others who share my passion for Atari. I don't see it as a money-making opportunity.

Your very first action in the community is to spruik/brag on a manufactured collectible -- and put an arbitrary and absurd price tag on it.

I consider this a complete lack of understanding about what drives most of us. You are clearly not here to contribute; you are here to profit from us and/or take whatever you can. That is evidenced by your claims about the number sold, the number surviving, the deaths of the signatories - all that.  And the grading/box reeks most of all.  You've set this up not only to never be played, but basically never to be touched.

Yes, people collect things, and some things are rare and valuable. But for the most part this community is about playing games, having fun finding that rare item for your collection, plugging it into your machine every now and then and having a game, and most of all sharing with others the love of the machine and what it can do.  Modern homebrewers are probably instrumental in keeping the machine and community alive, through the release of new and amazing games. This very site, AtariAge, is instrumental in bringing the community together and providing (literally) a forum where we can communicate.  All of these people put lots of their time and love into the games and the community.

You seem to have come here with $$$ in your eyes and little love for the machine. I see zero contribution, and a basic lack of understanding that this is not the right place to be telling people that your manufactured "collectible" sitting in a sealed container can be purchased from you for $70,000. It's clueless, crass, and as I said all that's wrong with grading/collecting/fandom all in one package. I think your actions are damaging to the community I care so much about.

Bitter?  I have better things to be bitter about. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Hi!  Welcome to the Internet, where people may have opinions different to yours.

Speaking of the Internet, things have historically not gone well for eBay sellers who sign up on forums specifically to leave overly-defensive replies for a few cranks making wisecracks about the item up for auction.  If you want to carry on that way, that's your prerogative, but bear in mind that you've now made your comments publically-searchable to anyone and that they'll be really easy to tie to your eBay username.

HTH, HAND, GLWS!!!

Been selling on eBay for 20+ years...side gig. I do just fine. 

Screenshot_20210209-120341_eBay.jpg

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, thesofasurfer said:

Next, make sure to tell us how much more money you make in one afternoon on eBay than we all do combined in a year.  That one will really put us in our place, let me tell you!

34 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

crass

Root cause confirmed.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
Clarity.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thesofasurfer said:

Lol! Just keep digging that big hole your making. Im sure you and your almighty money will have a delightful time together at the bottom of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

Despite your little jab, I'll give a rational and hopefully polite reply, and that'll probably be the end of my participation.

You are a newcomer to a community which has been running for over 25 years. I was there pretty much at the start, and I have spent (literally) decades working on this hobby to make it an interesting and fun place not only for me, but for others who share my passion for Atari. I don't see it as a money-making opportunity.

Your very first action in the community is to spruik/brag on a manufactured collectible -- and put an arbitrary and absurd price tag on it.

I consider this a complete lack of understanding about what drives most of us. You are clearly not here to contribute; you are here to profit from us and/or take whatever you can. That is evidenced by your claims about the number sold, the number surviving, the deaths of the signatories - all that.  And the grading/box reeks most of all.  You've set this up not only to never be played, but basically never to be touched.

Yes, people collect things, and some things are rare and valuable. But for the most part this community is about playing games, having fun finding that rare item for your collection, plugging it into your machine every now and then and having a game, and most of all sharing with others the love of the machine and what it can do.  Modern homebrewers are probably instrumental in keeping the machine and community alive, through the release of new and amazing games. This very site, AtariAge, is instrumental in bringing the community together and providing (literally) a forum where we can communicate.  All of these people put lots of their time and love into the games and the community.

You seem to have come here with $$$ in your eyes and little love for the machine. I see zero contribution, and a basic lack of understanding that this is not the right place to be telling people that your manufactured "collectible" sitting in a sealed container can be purchased from you for $70,000. It's clueless, crass, and as I said all that's wrong with grading/collecting/fandom all in one package. I think your actions are damaging to the community I care so much about.

Bitter?  I have better things to be bitter about. 

You did not answer my question. Want to play it? Buy a repo and leave the rare original alone.  That too hard for you? Cherish the original and protect it.  That is the essence of collecting.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, ls650 said:

Andrew, that is a superb response, and summarizes perfectly what is so stomach-turning with this auction/bragging opportunity.

Stomach turning?  Not my fault you didn't use your knowledge of games to profit.  So from the sidelines, what size rocks you kick? Stones or pebbles? Stomach turning......indeed

Screenshot_20210208-082807_Samsung Internet.jpg

So you dug your hole over on the AtariAge FB group by mocking a post and saying the box wasn’t legit and then throw the owner an unsolicited low ball offer. You come in as the newbie and start bashing respected long time members of the community one your first day.

Now it’s Groundhog Day over here in the AtariAge Forum. You join up and start tearing into long time respected members of the community and hobby that have contributed more that you ever will. Really. Posting screenshots of what a great seller you are. Maybe you should have been a lurker for a while on the FB Group and the Forum and learned who people are and why they are who they are before coming in and spraying gasoline everywhere and tossing a match.

I feel like you really should look into this book.
It just might help. Or not.

How to win Friends & Influence People https://www.amazon.com/dp/8189297813/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QVSE8NS12NSSFQECPFEQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 minute ago, thesofasurfer said:

Stomach turning?  Not my fault you didn't use your knowledge of games to profit.  So from the sidelines, what size rocks you kick? Stones or pebbles? Stomach turning......indeed

Yes.  Vomit-inducing even.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, thesofasurfer said:

You did not answer my question. Want to play it? Buy a repo and leave the rare original alone.  That too hard for you? Cherish the original and protect it.  That is the essence of collecting.

I dont think its the preserving he has much of a problem with...its just every other single thing about YOU. Thats the stomach churning bits.

2 minutes ago, Atariperson23 said:

My advice for you is to ask other people here how much you sell it for. That way other people don't get angry and you can still profit a lot from the cartridge.

I hear you but I have learned a long time ago, over 90% of members in groups can't afford anything and live to bash and troll others and things they can't afford.  Remember, I didn't make this post.  Someone made a post about me, poking fun at me.  Sad how some people are.  Was I triggered? Yep because I do have a narcissist side and if someone(s) wants to troll me, I will troll back. I'm not attacking u and appreciate you not attacking me like the above crew.  

• Haha 2