IGNORED

R.O.T.O. for Atari 2600

minireis

Hello guys. I would like to ask a question: Is it possible to redo or reprogram a game from the Atari 800, or 8 bit for 2600? The game called R.O.T.O. is a clone of H.E.R.O. His rom is very light: 10.9k, it is lighter than the 2600 Bump 'n' Jump game (1983) (M Network): 16.0K. It would be great to have this ROTO game for the 2600 as well. Thanks for the opportunity.

It would be possible, but for the limited hardware of the atari 2600 it would have to make some adjustments. The game to work on the 2600 would have to be divided by screens to complete the steps, just like Pitfall 2, Secret Quest or even the Hero.

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2021 at 8:37 PM, alfredtdk said:

It would be possible, but for the limited hardware of the atari 2600 it would have to make some adjustments. The game to work on the 2600 would have to be divided by screens to complete the steps, just like Pitfall 2, Secret Quest or even the Hero.

I understand. Thank you. One could take the idea and make Homebrew. What do you think?

15 hours ago, minireis said:

Very interesting, thank you. I am not a good programmer. I liked the idea.

Great idea! This would be a fun game for the 2600 - it would be cool to see a few different versions of this game developed.

Here's an idea for a pager version based on a similar conversion for another system where Gauntlet was ported as a pager:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr SQL said:

Great idea! This would be a fun game for the 2600 - it would be cool to see a few different versions of this game developed.

Here's an idea for a pager version based on a similar conversion for another system where Gauntlet was ported as a pager:

Very good, I liked it.