IGNORED

case and controllers

Drsoren24

I was wondering if anybody has a case they could sell me for a decent price? Mine is fubared. I bought it on ebay years ago and it came like this because it wasn't packaged very well. It had about 100 plastic chips swimming around in the box also. I recently dusted it off and plugged it in and it didn't work. I threw a processor from a non working 5200 that I have in it and it works fine. As a secondary question, will the pokey chip from said nonworking 5200 work with the new "dragonfly"?

image2 (1).jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

• Sad 1

Things like this make me want to continue working on the 3D model of the shell that Curt gave me (so they can be 3D printed).  I had started to tweak it (it wasn't an exact fit as it was) but then lost interest...

Nobody should have that bad of a case :(

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 5

On 2/9/2021 at 4:19 PM, CPUWIZ said:

I hate cases and have top and bottom pieces littered all over the house, but I have zero time.  Plus, every time someone uses a bottom piece, you create a mutant.

I'd be happy with just a top. All the screw holes are stripped or broken off, and the top is definitely worse than the bottom. This is an early model so it has the "expansion interface" without that hole how would I play all my laser disks?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swami said:

I always wonder if you could fit a 7800 in a Sears Video Arcade II 2800 shell. Is anyone selling those?

The main issue with this is that top shell buttons wouldn't line up with the 7800 buttons along the lower front. Also the Sears II bottom shell I'm not sure is molded to line up with the joystick ports properly. So either way, you would have to make some case modifications for it and the plastic is still brittle. There are likely fewer Sears II units in the wild than 7800 so I wouldn't want to try and adapter those shells.

On 2/9/2021 at 12:59 PM, Drsoren24 said:

...It had about 100 plastic chips swimming around in the box also.

Just 100 pieces?  C'mon, that would be a kids number of pieces for a jigsaw puzzle!!!!!

;-)

Sorry.. ;-)

Yeah, I bought some Prolines a while ago and they showed up shattered...

I did glue them back together (it was only about 10 pieces), but I'm not using them...  I'm sure if I tried, they'd come apart.

Then again I don't think I'd use Prolines anyway, so there is that.... 

• Like 1

That looks like my secondary 7800 I have as my profile pic. It wasn't shipped that way; the ex did that. I think I'll take a soldering iron to it and the broken pieces. Maybe do something to emphasize the cracks like that ancient Japanese art of using gold to mend broken items. Sans the gold.

Edited by Lynxpro
Inserting "Kaboom" into the cartridge slot was part of the theme...