IGNORED

Classic Atari Games as Bonus Games

Zap1982

I was just thinking about a few games I know of that have bonus stages seemingly based off old Atari Games. I can think of three but am now wondering if there are more?

So far I have :

Breakout in Zool 2

Missle Command in Mass Effect 2

Circus Atari in Sonic Lost World

what do you have?

20210209_220758.jpg

20210209_220814.jpg

20210209_220829.jpg

7 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Latest COD has multiple playable Atari 2600 Activision games on arcade machines, in an arcade you pass through.

And some older ones...

https://fictionalcrossover.fandom.com/wiki/Atari_games_in_Call_of_Duty

Noice!  I like virtual arcade setups like New Retro Arcade: Neon on Steam... ?

1 hour ago, MrMaddog said:

Noice!  I like virtual arcade setups like New Retro Arcade: Neon on Steam... ?

I like the way the likes of Wolfenstein 2 and Doom Eternal have placed a cabinet or old PC in the hubs so you can play the originals.

I think the earliest example of that might be Shemnue on the Dreamcast where you can play 'Hang On' at the arcades.

Someone needs to make a virtual arcade with full games to play, pool table, bowling alley and a bar!

You could change the skill level by drinking 10 pints of beer then play with blurred visuals etc haha.

• Like 1

The Dig on PC has a Lunar Lander clone. 

The original versions of Pitfall the Mayan Adventure have a port of the Atari 2600 Pitfall hidden in it.

Not quite the same, but the GB Space Invaders has an actual SNES version that can be played when the game is used with a Super Game Boy.

The Goemon series has various versions of older games, most of them only having one level, with the exceptions being Time Pilot in Goemon 4 SFC and Quarth (aka Block Hole, aka Block Game) in Goemon DS.

Maniac Mansion DoTT has the original game hidden in it (the files included can also be used to play the original in Scumm VM).

Donkey Kong 64 has the original Donkey Kong and Jetpac hidden in it. 

Pac-Man 2/Hello Pac-Man has Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man (or a clone of Ms. Pac named Pac Jr in the case of the Genesis version, not to be confused with Jr. Pac-Man) hidden in it.

Edited by BrianC
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 8:59 PM, CPUWIZ said:

Latest COD has multiple playable Atari 2600 Activision games on arcade machines, in an arcade you pass through.

And some older ones...

https://fictionalcrossover.fandom.com/wiki/Atari_games_in_Call_of_Duty

I haven't played or purchased a COD in as long as I can remember...but now I might...I know silly but still ;)

Don’t know if this counts, but in “The Adventures of Willy Beamish” on Sega CD, Willy has a “Nintari” in his room where you can play a game called Monster Squad Super Space K’noidtrix... which is basically a mashup of a few older games (breakout/arkanoid/tetris/etc).

• 2 weeks later...