IGNORED

CBS electronics games trouble

kyle

Hey guys about two weeks ago I moved my AV modded 7800 from my bedroom into my in the works game room. Anyway tonight I was going to play solar fox and for some reason I’m only getting sound on the game no video. I checked other games and the only other ones that seem to have the same problem are Gorf and and blueprint all three CBS games for the 2600. I’ve played CBS games on the system for years now since the mod solar fox being one of my favorite games . But this is the first time on this TV. So my question is it something to do with this particular television? Or is something going wrong with my AV mod or what?  Anyone else had a similar problem? 

Edited by kyle

The TV input is sensitive to a possible off-standard signal being generated by the game and/or 7800.

1)  Try the games on an actual 2600 to help determine if it's unique to your 7800.

2)  Try connecting the 7800 to a VCR or an up-scaler to see if it can understand the signal and normalize it for output to the tv.

3) Get a different tv for the game room ;)

I have 5 CBS games - Gorf, Mountain King, Omega Race, Solar Fox and Wizard of Wor. I just tried all five and they work fine in my daily-driver 7800. It's an A1 serial number unit that I put a UAV into a year or so ago, but otherwise has no other mods or changes. Oh, the same machine also played Robot Tank, Pitfall II and every other reportedly-problematic game that I personally own, though to be fair I don't have a copy of 2600 Dark Chambers to try on it.