IGNORED

PlusCart(+) + SD

Andrew Davie

Next time you print a cart, rotate it 45° on the bed. Or, in your slicer change the fill pattern so it's 0° and 90°.  It gives a much nicer external appearance, especially if you get the front face lines going horizontally instead of diagonally (or vertically).  

I'm not understanding what people mean by "getting the Uno portion working".  They're now essentially the same codebase.

The code works on a Unocart. It works on a PlusCart.  It's a frankencart, not a matter of getting one portion or the other working.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

@Fierodoug5@Andrew Davie How much longer will this need to bake before I get to play around with the SD PlusCart? emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looks to me like it's working in all tests so far. I even got the pin layout correct for the UnoCart firmware, which is a nice bonus.

I'm confident you could go ahead with an order/build right now if you are so inclined.  If you're looking to buy one, that will be up to @Al_Nafuur if he's offering one in the store, or someone else who might be selling them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fierodoug5 said:

New Video

Excellent video.

I'll update the OpenSCAD files to include the UnoCart in the PlusCart shell soon.

Meanwhile, the yellow one in the photo, with the fluorescent look/feel.. is by far my favourite colour scheme for the UnoCart shell.

uno.jpg.cb887cf0a4e6e6f2acb97fdaae69c60d.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Prizrak said:

@Fierodoug5@Andrew Davie How much longer will this need to bake before I get to play around with the SD PlusCart? emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Looks to me like it's working in all tests so far. I even got the pin layout correct for the UnoCart firmware, which is a nice bonus.

I'm confident you could go ahead with an order/build right now if you are so inclined.  If you're looking to buy one, that will be up to @Al_Nafuur if he's offering one in the store, or someone else who might be selling them.

There had been many code changes for the reunion build, and I think there are still some more tests needed.

e.g.

I tried to connect a new PlusCart with the new v2.0.12 firmware to my test WiFi via the keyboard and it did not work (WPS worked, WiFi Manager Portal still untested).

Also there are still some features for the SD Card missing (Search, Textfile reader, SD Format, ...)

13 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I even got the pin layout correct for the UnoCart firmware, which is a nice bonus.

Yes, I suppose this is the first DIY breakout board for the UnoCart that fits into a modified standard cartridge (even if the SD slot will not look very nice).

13 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

If you're looking to buy one, that will be up to @Al_Nafuur if he's offering one in the store, or someone else who might be selling them.

It is most unlikely that I will offer the PlusCart Duo in the web shop, because:

• I don't see (much) gain in using a SD-Card with the PlusCart
  • I don't have the PCBs.
  • I don't have a 3D Printer and currently no supplier.
  • The SD card slot is difficult to implement on the standard cartridge and will not look nice.
  • The PlusStore's firmware update function is not ready for all these different variants.

so for me there are more disadvantages than advantages in supporting/distributing all the possible hard- and software combinations.

1 hour ago, Andrew Davie said:

Totally not sure if/why anyone would put the UnoCart software on a PlusCart board, though.

because your board is not a PlusCart board (anymore) it is a hybrid board that can be used for building PlusCarts, UnoCarts and any combination of hard and software that can be build with the unified code (even the not supported ones can be build and run on the hardware):

Hardware
(PCB, GPIO)
Menu
(Logo, Name)
SD-Card WiFi Supported Product Name
PlusCart (+) x x   PlusCart Duo
PlusCart (+) x     PlusCart SD
PlusCart (+)   x   PlusCart
PlusCart (+)       PlusCart Zero
PlusCart SD x x   Pluscart Uno (Duo)
PlusCart SD x     Pluscart Uno (SD)
PlusCart SD   x   Pluscart Uno (WiFi)