IGNORED

PlusCart(+) + SD

Andrew Davie

56 minutes ago, WicoKid said:

How can I make it stop checking for firmware updates?

This can only be prevented by having the same firmware version as the one distributed by PlusStore.

So if you manually flash the new 2.2.0 firmware for the PlusCart Duo (I don't have a PlusCart Duo, so untested) :

PlusCart Duo_2.2.0.elf

you should not receive normal updates from the PlusStore (at least until a newer version is available in the PlusStore).

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 12:48 AM, Andrew Davie said:

I don't understand the wording totally, but #1 sounds like it.

You do want to have the hole there.  You do need to make that "slot" pointed to by the arrow.

My plate arrived with the cutout on the pins.

foto placa outra.jpg

Edited by Robsonz
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

New build v2.3.1 for the PlusCart Duo hardware with:

• Support for new ACE bankswitching provided by @MarcoJ 
  • New firmware updater (via WiFi or SD-Card file "firmware.bin") that supports files greater than 112 KiB

This build also includes a version number "hack" for the PlusCart Duo, so the regular firmware updates will not be offered to these carts by the PlusStore.

PlusCart_Duo_102.3.1.bin PlusCart_Duo_102.3.1.elf

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

What's the number hack for or fix? Didn't realize the Duo cloud be updated over WiFi

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

There was nothing to identify a Duo, so the "store" offered an upgrade which, if accepted, would make your Duo a regular PlusCart (ie., no SD).

So to prevent this happening on Duos, the version number for Duo builds has +100 added to the version, and so they won't be seen as older versions by the store/update software, and so you won't be accidentally upgrading them.

• Like 1

Just now, Andrew Davie said:

There was nothing to identify a Duo, so the "store" offered an upgrade which, if accepted, would make your Duo a regular PlusCart (ie., no SD).

So to prevent this happening on Duos, the version number for Duo builds has +100 added to the version, and so they won't be seen as older versions by the store/update software, and so you won't be accidentally upgrading them.

Or, more to the point, downgrading them!

1 hour ago, Prizrak said:

What's the number hack for or fix? Didn't realize the Duo cloud be updated over WiFi

The Duo can't be updated over wifi...correct?

Can it be updated with the bin on a SD card? I dont think that worked for me last time I tried

I always had to update it with STM Cube programmer 

Edited by Fierodoug5
Typo

56 minutes ago, Fierodoug5 said:

The Duo can't be updated over wifi...correct?

Can it be updated with the bin on a SD card? I dont think that worked for me last time I tried

I always had to update it with STM Cube programmer 

The Duo couldn't be updated via the SD-Card or WiFi, because the Duo firmware always was bigger than the 112 KiB the update function was capable to flash.

It now should be possible to update a Duo firmware via a firmware.bin file in the root folder of the SD-Card. Theoretically a update via WiFi is possible too, but the PlusStore doesn't have/offers the Duo firmware build.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fierodoug5 said:

I was not able to update with the .bin in the root of sd card

Used cube programmer and elf file and updated both my PlusCart SD's. 

Both seem to be working Great!

did you tried to update with the old firmware (v2.2.0) installed?

I have a PlusCart at 2.1.0 firmware.

I renamed the 102.3.1 to firmware.bin and put it on the root of the card

Started up and got the orange highlighted option "SD card firmware update"

Selected it and had the spinning plus sign for 45 min before I gave up and rebooted.

Still at 2.1.0

Anyone been successful?

1 hour ago, cbelcher said:

I have a PlusCart at 2.1.0 firmware.

I renamed the 102.3.1 to firmware.bin and put it on the root of the card

Started up and got the orange highlighted option "SD card firmware update"

Selected it and had the spinning plus sign for 45 min before I gave up and rebooted.

Still at 2.1.0

Anyone been successful?

You cannot update via the SD-Card from v2.1.0

v2.1.0 is not capable of loading the large new firmware file into the flash routine. Only the new v2.3.1 or v102.3.1 can do that.

1 hour ago, Prizrak said:

I can try when I get time tonight but may just flash via the tool.

no need to try to update a PlusCart Duo via SD from a pre v2.3.1 version. It will fail. Only the new firmware can handle the large Duo firmware file.

10 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

It now should be possible to update a Duo firmware via a firmware.bin file in the root folder of the SD-Card.

Ah - I was confused by that.   I thought the new update via SD made it possible to update older PlusCart Duos.

So - ONCE updated to 102.3.1 - we will be able to use the SD card for FUTURE updates?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cbelcher said:

Ah - I was confused by that.   I thought the new update via SD made it possible to update older PlusCart Duos.

Yes, my statement was not precise on that point.

13 hours ago, cbelcher said:

So - ONCE updated to 102.3.1 - we will be able to use the SD card for FUTURE updates?

exact?

I like that figure firmwares can be updated via WiFi now on the Duo. I have very little things I need to break out the aging laptop for and this is one of them. I try to do as much from my phone/tablet as I can. I hadn't had a decent computer in 15 or so years, always getting by with what works even if it's quirky

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, cfarl said:

Somebody has printed the cart shell for Pluscart Duo?

If so, can you provide me the files?

I was looking at https://github.com/andrew-davie/PlusCart.git files, but there is a lot of files, and I was a little lost....

Thanks!

Give me a day or two and I'll push the latest STLs for you, and clarify the naming... and remove the redundant stuff.

Recent changes include slight mods because one gent reported the carts not fitting in his JR properly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

Give me a day or two and I'll push the latest STLs for you, and clarify the naming... and remove the redundant stuff.

Recent changes include slight mods because one gent reported the carts not fitting in his JR properly.

Thanks, Andrew!

10 hours ago, cfarl said:

Thanks, Andrew!

OK, have another look.

In the STL directory are the various parts.

PlusCartDuo_FRONT...  is the front shell for the SD-card variant.

PlusCart_FRONT... is the regular variant

PlusCart_BACK is the back-shell for both

PlusCart_LOGO is the (two-colour) logo. You align LOGO and FRONT in your slicer so they are positioned correctly with respect to each other. Then delete FRONT and slice the logo.  Then undelete FRONT, and delete LOGO and slice the front.  Then you print LOGO in (say) white, and do a swap of the filament (leave LOGO on the print bed). Then you print FRONT in (say) blue over the top of  LOGO already on the bed.  That way you get the nice-looking two-colour prints. The parts are designed to be printable over the top of each other.

PlusCart_PINS are the push-fit pins

PlusCart_LABEL and PlusCart_LETTERS are two-colour/two-part prints.  Place LABEL on your slicer, then LETTERS (with z-shift UP by 0.4mm) and position it correctly on the label. Then, as before, slice each part separately, and print seperately. Print label first, then letters over the top.

Hope this works for you - hit me up if you need help.

I'm having some problems here.... 

I had a working PlusDuo SD, and I updated it to PlusCart_Duo_102.3.1.elf using STM32CubeProgrammer. But now it is not working....

I burned PlusCart_Duo_102.3.1.elf in another PlusDUO SD, and it is working. 

So, I extracted the memory content of the working one in a file named "memoria_bom.bin".

Then, I compared the memory content of the not working one with this file. And STM32CubeProgrammer. says it is the same content.

image.thumb.png.9705c2b69aeab8a6dd77b8315f8ee5a7.png

I just have two Pluscarts with this problem - not working. But both of them have the same memory content, acordly to STM32CubeProgrammer.

Do you had this same problem as me?

Edited by cfarl
Corrected some typos.

8 minutes ago, cfarl said:

I'm having some problems here.... 

I had a working PlusDuo SD, and I updated it to PlusCart_Duo_102.3.1.elf using STM32CubeProgrammer. But now it is not working....

Maybe you had "Skip flash erase before programming" checked?

https://pluscart.firmaplus.de/pico/?flashing

8 minutes ago, cfarl said:

I burned PlusCart_Duo_102.3.1.elf in another PlusDUO SD, and it is working. 

So, I extracted the memory content of the working one in a file named "memoria_bom.bin".

Then, I compared the memory content of the not working one with this file. And STM32CubeProgrammer. says it is the same content.

image.thumb.png.9705c2b69aeab8a6dd77b8315f8ee5a7.png

You are only comparing the first 0x400 bytes (1024 bytes) here!

0x400 bytes is the default setting for reading of the STMCubeProgrammer. You should set it to 128 KiB (0x20000) to read and compare the whole firmware flash area.