IGNORED

A personal statement by tfhh - please read. Thanks.

tf_hh

5 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Very nice.

Hopefully things have and are improving.

I have only once blocked somebody, but you still see that a message is blocked, so if you are curious.... :) And if it's quoted, it's not blocked. So I unblocked that person.

Edited by ivop
spelling/syntax
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

And my ignore list finally has someone on it. I resisted for 3 years but I can't stand it anymore

You'll find the overall experience here much better without his "I know it all attitude, I am someone important, but don't ask me who I am because, well, it's secret and I am better than you" attitude in every post.

• Like 1

Wow...I've never claimed any of these items, in fact I am normally saying I don't know stuff and I'm probably one of the least important people on here but to say I behave like it in every post is just utter nonsense, I spend more time trying to help people and making them feel welcome..

Or have I made a mistake and its not me?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Wow...I've never claimed any of these items, in fact I am normally saying I don't know stuff and I'm probably one of the least important people on here but to say I behave like it in every post is just utter nonsense, I spend more time trying to help people and making them feel welcome..

Not THIS time. 

3 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

There is a prefix to add to stuff once the usps get it... I posted either the prefixes of where they were located on AA if I recall correctly. While there is no tool or interface... adding the prefixes and adjusting the tracking number as outlined, you should still be able to track it by hand..

I am sure someone here can dig all the same information up I did all those years ago. Post is here on AA and we will at least have slightly more information at that point. DHL is starting to branch back out in the Americas again... soon you will see the vans again. Who knows, maybe they will help replace that which our own is failing at :)

Does anyone know anything more about this tracking prefix?  I can't find anything by searching either AA or Google as a whole.

15 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

I don't believe that he meant you. 

• Like 1

Brad at Best Electronics uses USPS Airmail for International orders, and when I ordered some 1050 drive belts, there was no problem with delivery (USA -> UK), though that was back in 2019. Have to say, I'm really pleased I ordered them, though I had to pay UK Sales Tax (VAT), and an £8 Post Office handling fee (IIRC). I think I would have to pay the £8 + UK sales tax for pretty much anything from outside the UK nowadays (hooray!).

6 minutes ago, Krenath said:

Does anyone know anything more about this tracking prefix?  I can't find anything by searching either AA or Google as a whole.

Every package that does come with tracking either uses the same number for the entire journey or in your tracking updates you will see the new number mentioned when it changes, I've seen it change 2-3 times for some packages. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

Every package that does come with tracking either uses the same number for the entire journey or in your tracking updates you will see the new number mentioned when it changes, I've seen it change 2-3 times for some packages. 

Ah!  Thanks!

Hm.  I put the DHL tracking number into the USPS tracking site and, well, got a *little* information:

DHL-USPS.png

DHL-USPS-2.png

Edited by Krenath
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krenath said:

DHL-USPS.png

DHL-USPS-2.png

this is the only thing i hate about USPS, they "translate" the tracking entry that the package has left the origin country as "Origin post is preparing shipment" so the recipient thinks it's still stuck here while it's already somewhere on the way

• Like 2

I'm agree with Jurgen. I send packages to US by Polish Post Office - 4 of them are "lost in time"... 2 goes to Albert - in polish tracking I see "send from Poland" (12.11.2020), in USPS - then there are steel in poland and status is "waiting" ? I send Albert some shells by courier, because peoples wait for new stuff, and yes, only package goes to USA are lost...

• Like 1

okay for example,

Fedex smart post once it gets to USPS, you can't see it most of the time...

what to do???

add the numbers 92 in front of the fedex tracking number on the USPS site and tah dah... you can continue tracking the package without spending more money for the enhanced tracking products for either of the couriers.

there is a list of this sort of thing, probably buried under the google sorting routine for paid or track the user sites.

Edited by _The Doctor__

1 minute ago, Goochman said:

Ok back on top Jurgen great guy with reliable service 

Indeed, whole point of my posts...I messaged him re flashing rom to the Sys check and he despite not needing too checked it all out.....Went well above the Level  of need to help...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mytek said:

I have a suggestion to a moderator. Delete all but Jurgen's first post and then lock this topic, if that is ok with Jurgen. This way his message will remain which I believe was the whole point.

That and tracking help should stay. As well as testimonials from his happy customers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _The Doctor__ said:

That and tracking help should stay. As well as testimonials from his happy customers.

While I understand and agree with the sentiment, this could lead to a slippery slope.  Especially your second statement - imagine if someone were able to delete all of their bad reviews?  In fact, I seem to recall reading recently where something like this happened (reviews were deleted) on some major platform.

As with many threads, this one went way off topic, but the pertinent information is still there and easy to find.

Respectfully, my opinion (and it is just that, mine) is that the mods either do the first suggestion (leave the original post, delete all replies & lock thread) or leave the entire thread intact.  Picking & choosing which replies to keep & which to delete sounds too 1984 to me.

• Like 3

True although there really didn't seem to be any bad reviews... I think tracking help is useful though.

I really do have to agree @StickJock anything else is truly Nineteen Eighty-Four, also known as 1984- George Orwell had some interesting thoughts how stuff might unfold...amazing parallels

• Like 1