IGNORED

A personal statement by tfhh - please read. Thanks.

tf_hh

On 2/13/2021 at 11:41 PM, Krenath said:

Could you tell us when the original shipping date of those parcels were so the rest of us can guess at how long before ours might arrive?  Thanks!

The canadian parcel was posted on November, the 3rd and the U.S. one on November, 23.th - But, as you can read here, some packages will be routed over Puerto Rico, so this info is not very useful ?

6 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Yeah thank you. I actually understood that you could flash it and I tried the included OS’s that come pre-flashed.   The OS B is a great suggestion as I have that on my U1MB and can confirm my Demon Attack and K-Star patrol carts run when using it.

OmniView80 and OS B are good ideas.  Is there a SYS-Check specific flasher or a generic tool?   Do the OS’s have to be specifically formatted or any copy of found on the “information super highway” would work?  

Just FYI... if you have already an U1MB installed, then the usage of an additional Sys-Check isn´t recommendable. It works (and damages nothing of course), but some features of the U1MB may not work properly if the operating system is constantly used external though Sys-Check. The U1MB has also four O.S. slots and can be flashed also very easily if you´re using UFLASH from FJC.

• Like 1

It did?

I checked the image I used in Altirra but would not fire up in SysChecker...Do you know what file you used?

Interesting...

Paul..

I even sent the same file to Jurgen who kindly agreed to have a check and he could not get it to work. (added this to show how much Jurgen goes the extra mile to help folk)

Edited by Mclaneinc

12 hours ago, tf_hh said:

The canadian parcel was posted on November, the 3rd and the U.S. one on November, 23.th - But, as you can read here, some packages will be routed over Puerto Rico, so this info is not very useful ?

In non-COVID times, being routed to Puerto Rico shouldn't matter, since it is a part of the United States.....BUT! the United States Postal Service service is a total clusterf*** now. I just received a couple of little things from the city where the closest USPS distribution facility is to me (only ~80 miles south of me) and it took 5 business days plus a weekend.

4 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

I checked the image I used in Altirra but would not fire up in SysChecker...Do you know what file you used?

Sure - its somewhere in the mess of my Desktop... let me dig it out and get back to you.

I have a Syscheck-XL if it makes a difference.

1 hour ago, Krenath said:

Woot!  Don't have my package yet, but it "arrived" somewhere finally.  According to a text message update:

Arrived USPS Facility 02/15/2021 3:23pm JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

My order was in Puerto Rico a couple of days ago. It made to my town's local distribution cernter this morning, so I'll hopefully have it this week.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrFSL said:

Sure - its somewhere in the mess of my Desktop... let me dig it out and get back to you.

I have a Syscheck-XL if it makes a difference.

Same model as I have, no rush with the rom but thank you for looking for it, my syscheck is loaned out at the moment so I won't be able to flash it for a while and my U1MB has Omnimon on so I'm covered.

Must be a bad rom I have but there are so many versions about inc my own one that I owned back then which was dumped and made in to a multi OS rom stack. Weird it worked in Altirra though...

Thanks

Paul.

see it's all puppy dogs, kitty kats, and playful polar bears, just as predicted... the packages are flowing the campaign of pain is over... though the cases and number of strains are now worse than ever and multiplying,  while the weather is burying us in 29 or more inches of snow with piles of ice.  The packages are flying to the doors... why I have 3 more packages to deliver for the postperson again... yep wrong house all usps deliveries for amazon... only off by 3 houses now so they're getting close to actually delivering to the intended recipients. W00t!  We have more snow and ice coming though... another 6 it seems... USPS was just here at 8:10pm.

As stated TF_HH is quality!  Glad the people are getting the wonderful stuff finally :)

Signs of movement!  The USPS admits to having taken possession of my shipment.  It appears to currently be sitting in "ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) " in New York, NY.  Amusingly, I ordered a couple video cables from Canada a couple days before my order with Jurgen, and they too just arrived at a different USPS regional facility, also in NY: "JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER ".

The race is on!  I'm really looking forward to the Sys-Check XL in particular, as I've got a couple of dead A8s I've been working on.

Oh, perhaps more relevant to this thread, I mainly wanted to confirm that the tracking method I mentioned earlier seems legit - my stuff started with Deutsche Post, went to DHL Paket for a little siesta, then was handed off to USPS, just as DHL claimed.  So the thing where it was supposed to go to USPS but no useful info showed on their site yet was... fine, and correct.

FYI I'm in SoCal, so I expect this will still take a couple days, due the weather issues in the US.  Depends on how they route it I guess.

Edited by Dr Memory
added my location

2 hours ago, Dr Memory said:

FYI I'm in SoCal, so I expect this will still take a couple days, due the weather issues in the US.  Depends on how they route it I guess.

If the radar map I just saw on the weather is any indication, expect delays - roughly 70% of the country is under the current Winter storms.  They're stretching from Canada to South Texas and the Rockies to the Appalachians from what I saw.  That leaves no good route to get it to you, unfortunately.

9 hours ago, Goochman said:

Looks like USPS is releasing your deliveries :) - Any update on "Mr. Scam"?  Did they get their package?

Yes, it looks good. Now "only" 7 parcels are not delivered which were posted in 2020, one parcel from January 2021. All other have reached their recipients, the newer ones (sent this year) mostly within 2 weeks. I hope this drama has an end in the next 1-2 weeks...

• Like 4

I just wanted to say great service from Jurgen. Ordered last Saturday, all confirmed by the next day.

Arrived yesterday, Friday. Excellent.

I have a tech question;

I have an 800XL, Taiwan model. I thought that this was my original 800XL but it has been opened that many times and I now have so many I can't remember. Anyway, this does nothing, but chips are warming up so there is life.

I swapped out RAM chips that were noticeably getting warm - MT chips. This made no difference. I tried swapping out a couple of other chips with known working onces such as Sally and PIA. No change.

So Syscheck has arrived. Sys Check is reporting all RAM is bad. Not convinced by that but proceeded to swap out RAM - no change. Every RAM chip is reported as BAD. In the end I swapped the bottom most RAM chip again with a "new" RAM chip - same result.

So I've done some tinkering with Syscheck. If I use SysCheck's internal 64K RAM and the OS on the Atari then I get a blue screen. It doesn't like using the RAM expansion and Atari OS though, I get nothing.

So using 64K on the SysCheck and the Atari's OS I get a blue screen which then goes to the self test presumably because no keyboard is connected.

Does anyone know what will be causing a total RAM failure or perceived total RAM failure?

• Like 1

My Sys-Check v2.2 XL has arrived!  Along with the KEYCONs I ordered.  Yay!  So they shipped on 2/6/21 and got here on 2/22/21.  Not the fastest trip ever, but it could have been a lot worse, given COVID and the current issues with weather in the US.

Oh yes, it works.

Thanks, tf_hh!  I have no complaints.  Happy customer.

• Like 1