IGNORED

TI SD card

Madhatter1

13 hours ago, oddemann said:

I have no clue how to open up the PCB file. The tools for Windows, I kinda get, but I need to make a PCB and then put all the parts on. But... what software should I use to open up all of this? So I have time to understand all the stuff, but I need to start with the PCB and order that with the parts. And then I can tackle the stuff to make an image and all that.

I don't think there is a PCB file - only a schematic.

42 minutes ago, oddemann said:

if you are not using it for business then you can get a Fusion 360 subscription free.  That's what I did.

Fusion 360 for Personal Use | Fusion 360 | Autodesk

Edited by Shift838

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've uploaded a new update to the Atmega162.

It allows TI access to the Atmega162 USART.

I have been experimenting with an ESP8266-01 loaded with ESP-LINK firmware.

It puts the TI on my network allowing access by a browsers or Telnet with terminal program to talk to the TI.

I'm possible going to enable REST & MQTT to allow TI access to the internet.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

@Madhatter1 this is a great project. Thank you for sharing your design!

I see that you wrote the code in AVR assembly :) I played around with AVR assembly code when the 20-pin AT2313 were a thing, but that must have been more than a decade ago.

I've been working on my ET-PEB project but not too much recently, one of the things making development slow is/was that in that design I needed to write the whole DSR from scratch, as it was not trying to emulate the original drive. Your approach is better in that you're using the original DSR.

I'm tempted to see if I could implement your design using the ET-PEB hardware (reprogramming the CPLD and the MCU), or just make another board design altogether. Being me, if I were to do a board design, I would probably put all or most of the logic into a CPLD and add a RAM chip to also have memory expansion on the same board. That 

Are you planning to release the source code for the utilities? Just asking as a Mac user, could compile those for Mac or Linux.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@Madhatter1 A quick question (I can also check this out from your code) but do you think it would be a big undertaking to get this running on a ATmega1284P? It has practically the same price and I assume same pinout (didn't check yet) as ATmega162, but 128K of Flash and 16K RAM.

I've recently played mostly with ARM chips, and like I wrote also thinking how much work porting your code to C on the ARM would be. Very interesting project you've got here :)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've delete the KiCad folder until I get a PCB made.
Footprint spacing for the edge card connector is not right.
The rows are 100 mil should be 200 mil apart for an edge card.

The schematic is right as I have built this on a bread board and has working for me.

I was trying to make PCB with Gerber files for others.

I'm not putting it back until I have a PCB made and working.

The thing is I have already order PCBs

I could possible get them to work But I am just going to order new ones.

• Like 1

If you have already order PCBs as I have.
I have created an adaptor board.
The adaptor has a dual row pin header at top and edge card at bottom.
Install pin header on the adaptor then insert through the holes in the SD Drive board and solder to SD Drive board.
The pin header will also be used for the optional 32K daughter board.

I will be uploading a new SD Drive board to github that will not need the adaptor.
I will also upload the adaptor and 32K daughter board.

Edited by Madhatter1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...