IGNORED

Geneve ZOOM SIG

9640News

Would you attend a ZOOM SIG Meeting at 12 noon EST on a Saturday?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you attend the ZOOM Meeting? (multiple answers possible)

• No
    • Yes, I need help and would have questions.
    • Yes, I do not really need help and may be able to offer input.
    • Yes, I want to listen and learn.
    • Yes, but I do not have a Geneve 9640.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

There has been some renewed interest of late regarding the Geneve 9640 with both the current version of MDOS 6.50 and the upcoming MDOS 7.xx release that will support the TIPI, SCSI, IDE, MFM, SATA, RAID, etc.  Well, maybe not SATA or RAID, so I was just checking to see if you were reading this message.

Anyways, there are a number of newer users that are either just getting their hands on the Geneve or are using the Geneve with MAME that sounds like a ZOOM call may go a long way to get some people going or possibly get additional interest renewed.

I am going to throw out a poll to see who may be interested.  If there is interest, I can setup a ZOOM conference in the next couple of weeks.  This will be separate from Matt's ZOOM calls.  As far as time, myself, and possibly Tim, may lead.  Other experienced Geneve users are welcome to chime in and join as well as there are multiple ways to solve issues people may have.

Anyways, the time I am thinking is 12 noon Easter Standard Time (EST, New York) on a Saturday, date undetermined.  That would allow people on both coasts to join in, and not be too late for any Europeans to join in as well.

• Like 3

How long are,is the meetings. Is it every Saturday noon, if you keep changing days, times I'll probably be missing out, as I plan ahead and like to know what to plan for during my weekend..if that makes sense... ?

Anyway, I'd be wanting to listen in.

I'll need login help/account setup. Thx

Edited by GDMike

7 hours ago, GDMike said:

How long are,is the meetings. Is it every Saturday noon, if you keep changing days, times I'll probably be missing out, as I plan ahead and like to know what to plan for during my weekend..if that makes sense... ?

Anyway, I'd be wanting to listen in.

I'll need login help/account setup. Thx

The inquiry was to establish interest.  Wasn't thinking at this point in time of anything but maybe a one time meeting, or as participants request additional follow-up sessions.  It could develop into something more if more people were drawn to the Geneve through acquisitions, dusting off the unit in the closet, or MAME interest,

Depending on questions, etc., first meeting could be an hour, or more.  Length driven by users to what they want information regardiing.

Beery

• Like 1

Thx so much Beery for your help this past week. I'm able to load and run files from the GOTEK in ROMPAGE, I'm able to run programs, even my own assy programs, from my TIPi. Which was one of my goals!

Thx to Chris too for all his support ?.

And to the general audience.

But...I'm pulling the Geneve down and setting up the ti-99 again..

I've got to finish a program that requires SAMS and I can't do that on geneve..

Even if I bypassed some code, because the area I'm in requires SAMS..

But I'm almost done with it, meaning Geneve won't be far off.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I just don't ZOOM. Don't post on FB or twitter, either. I do some Discords. With reservations. Not real happy with AA because it's scraped by search engines and I make too many typos. ?

I've got MAME 9640 emulation working on Fedora half-a** with tcpser (FOZZTEXX fork) using that prog's VICE switch. No hardware flow control for file transfers, as of yet, tho. When I get that done I plan to put a 9640 BBS up. Is 9640News down? I'm using 9640news.ddns.net but it doesn't resolve.

Edited by jbdigriz
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jbdigriz said:

Sorry, I just don't ZOOM. Don't post on FB or twitter, either. I do some Discords. With reservations. Not real happy with AA because it's scraped by search engines and I make too many typos. ?

I've got MAME 9640 emulation working on Fedora half-a** with tcpser (FOZZTEXX fork) using that prog's VICE switch. No hardware flow control for file transfers, as of yet, tho. When I get that done I plan to put a 9640 BBS up. Is 9640News down? I'm using 9640news.ddns.net but it doesn't resolve.

If someone would record the meeting id appreciate that too.

I don't do video meetings well, ya know, the old hag comes around the corner cussing at me and throwing socks in my face ??

Ok, I forgot she's been gone, but still I don't like cameras in my face either.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, GDMike said:

If someone would record the meeting id appreciate that too.

I don't do video meetings well, ya know, the old hag comes around the corner cussing at me and throwing socks in my face ??

Ok, I forgot she's been gone, but still I don't like cameras in my face either.

You don't have to run a video camera, you can just turn on the microphone.  We'll see when the time comes, but don't expect a zoom side recording as I think that takes a subscription I am not going to purchase.

• Thanks 1

Oooh..I didn't know both of those...

Hmm.. a muted microphone may be in order. I think the last time I tried a zoom, it asks for login, this may have already been explained... but...I don't have an account, but I'd like to listen in and maybe Id record it.. it's free to re record, just place my cellphone at an angle and hit record every 5 mins... maybe that's my job..hmm

So I guess we need to see what the rules are, recording allowed or disallowed?

I can attend either way ?.

I just like to have a recording myself.. but that's just me..BUT if y'all decide no recording then I'll refrain from recording. Simple

I'll swear to it, on a stack, of stack.

Plus the recording is just for me, I would never upload it. And I suppose I'd have to also refrain from giving it to anyone else.. that's ok, it's just my note keeping.

Edited by GDMike

Um, I was just explaining my vote. No need for a recording, here. I would assume significant developments would show up here in due course. I'm not totally averse to live presentations and conferencing, either. YT is tolerable for example. I just don't zoom. Don't expect anyone to make any accomodation for it, though.

HOME AUTOMATION,  I was refering to serial port bridging (to telnet, in this case) with the MAME 9640 emulator, if that was the area of your confusion. The VICE emulator of course is for a non-TI machine, but the -v switch in tcpser works with the geneve emulation as well.

Cheers,

jbdigriz

Edited by jbdigriz
address confusion, hopefully