IGNORED

Is there a reason we can't get M.U.L.E. anymore?

Cobra Kai

• 7 months later...

Found this thread regarding M.U.L.E. on the 5200. Apparently it was an EXTREMELY limited run of 10 released through AA and then 12 (or so) more sold directly by the developer. Not sure if it got a second run at any point?

On 8/16/2005 at 8:25 PM, Albert said:

M.U.L.E. was a limited run of cartridges by Bryan Edewaard, and we only had ten of them to sell through the store. KLAX and Haunted House II were created by John Swiderski, who no longer wants his 5200 games sold (he also created Combat II Advanced).

..Al

On 8/17/2005 at 9:10 AM, Bryan said:

Al ran out of the ones I sent him, but I still have about a dozen left.

-Bry

I also would love to buy a copy on cart if it ever became available again, it was one of my favourite games on the C64 especially with four players.

- James

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mitch said:

My mistake, I guess it wasn't atarimax that sold them.

Looks like Atarimax sells an A8 version of M.U.L.E.:

https://www.atarimax.com/freeshippingsale/

image.png.1a5398ce86e387d161d9a2bb4c84ec97.png

This might be more what you're looking for... about 15 years ago there was an authorized modified version of M.U.L.E. made for use on the an Atarimax 5200 Flash Cart. I'm not sure if they sell that Flash Cart any more (this one?) but here is the thread: https://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=329

- James

• 1 year later...

Has any progress been made on getting M.U.L.E. produced on an Atari 5200 cartridge?  I would definitely buy one!  I know I could buy the multi-cart, but they are expensive.  Plus, I would prefer to have M.U.L.E. in it's own dedicated cartridge.

I grew up playing the game on my C64, and it eventually became my favorite game of all time.  I recently found out that MULE was first produced for the Atari computers.  I don't own one of those, but the 5200 version is pretty much the same as the computer version, just tweaked a bit to work on the game console.  So, getting a 5200 version on cartridge would be wonderful.  😀

Here is the 5200 MULE bin file if anybody wants to check it out on an emulator.

MULE.bin

• 9 months later...
15 minutes ago, RB5200 said:

There's a 5200 cart of this on eBay for the tiny fee of $600.00, and you even get free shipping.

Aie yi yi!

This kind of thing.

Anyone know if there was a development thread?  Maybe a good picture of the PCB?

This is the exact kind of obscure game situation where I'd really like to "roll my own".

I dug around a little and found some information on the technique MULE uses in the cart...

Looks pretty advanced, but I like a challenge.

Heya @Bryan... If you have schematics or designs for your cart PCB, I might be interested in making one, or even helping with another run of them.  Let me know what you think. Thanks!!!