IGNORED

Well... I did it... :(

82-T/A

11 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Well crap, I'm not gonna keep working on my game if people aren't going to buy it regardless of its quality. What's next? Demanding a completion date before you'll pay full price for a pre-order? Expectations are just getting out of hand here.

Hahah! I will say that for the most part, all the games I have purchased on AtariAge (or notified via AtariAge) have been spectacular games. But some game styles interest me more than others.

6 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Its not about Asperger's. It's about blatant selfishness and ignorance on your part.

Whatever is going on with your comments / responses, I just know that I'm not the problem here.

48 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I'm sorry to bring politics into this, but it's really messed up how you guys have to pay to go to college. I can imagine it really makes parents worry during their children's upbringing.

It's all perspective. We pay significantly less taxes as a whole. This gives us the freedom to make decisions that are more in line with our individual career and life goals. Not everyone needs (or wants) to go to college. In the end, you are still paying for college with your taxes, whether you choose to go to college or not. In the United States, we still value paying for grade school (K-12) education for all, and graduating from 12th grade is pretty much the cut-off. But the tax burden on universities is not entirely levied upon all of us, so we choose individually whether to pay for that or not.

Like most other countries, we also have Community Colleges, and that's ideal for trades, or specialization after grade school. Community College is VERY inexpensive. I went to a community college for my first two years, and much of that was subsidized by people who come from out of state (in-state tuition, vs out-of-state tuition). My engineering bachelors was a private university in Miami, and I paid full price for that. But it was OK, I did it while working full time. The state of Florida also paid for 1 out of every 4 classes so long as I maintained at least a 3.5+ GPA (I graduated with a 3.948). My masters engineering degree was paid for by my company. It was actually quite affordable, and I think the company in the end paid about $19,700, and I paid out of pocket about $2k... so $21,700. A lot of companies offer tuition reimbursement programs. In the end, this works out better because the cost is being levied on corporations, rather than the taxpayer.

I totally understand why your country would want to have school fully funded. It's a choice that the citizens need to make. In the end, not everyone needs to go to college. A lot of the people here that went to college got degrees that didn't really help them. One thing I think you will agree with... students that have really excellent grades, but that come from low-income families, usually do not pay for college. They almost always end up with full scholarships at the really good state universities. Often times the students that come from wealthy families will pay above full price for the school, off-setting the cost for the low income families to get a cheaper price (which can then be paid for with scholarships).

As for my daughter... whatever degree she thinks she wants to get, she could get it for 1/4th the price in a local state school. She is dead-set on MIT though... which is one of the most expensive schools in the world, and I make too much to qualify for any subsidies, which is how it should be (in my opinion). I don't have to sell my Jaguar to pay for it, I just choose to put that money in there to help supplement. My Jaguar sell-off has more to do with simplifying my life and shedding "stuff."

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, JagChris said:

Did you sell Impulse X?

I have two of them for sale, the recently re-released version by Songbird that has the Double Feature added in:

Impulse-X Double Feature: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274680421935

And the original CD version by Matthias:

Impulse-X: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274680373179

I am still keeping my original cartridge one by Matthias... it's one of my favorite games. It's the same as the Double-Feature one I'm selling, it just doesn't have double-feature on it.

38 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Sad to see you go!

I'm like the exact opposite, my Switch, PS4 and Xbox One X mostly collect dust while I play my Jaguar like it's the current gen console of choice! (Which for me it is)

Yeah, in the end... my wife and daughter convinced me not to sell everything. I reluctantly agreed, but the truth is, there are a bunch of games I really like... and that I will miss. I have 116 some odd games, and about ~20 of those I really do want to keep. So... I won't be going anywhere. I'm just going to only buy a few games that I really, really like when I see them.

• Like 1

A wise decision only buying the games you like the look of - a few years ago I went through a phase of buying every game that came out for the Jaguar. I think it started with Another World and because of how many people missed out on that on its first release I thought other games might do the same so any game that came out I bought - the odd one did disappear really quickly like Flappy Mcfur but nearly all others are still readily available like Defender of the Crown which was only 300 copies but is still available after all these years. I was buying any Jaguar game and some of them like Fast Food 64 were honestly played for two minutes then never played again. If I remember right Rebooteroids disappeared for a while off Atariage store but was restocked again... In hindsight buying every game was a dumb decision and one I will no longer repeat, but I will 100% support the really good games that I like the look of. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JaggingUK said:

A wise decision only buying the games you like the look of - a few years ago I went through a phase of buying every game that came out for the Jaguar. I think it started with Another World and because of how many people missed out on that on its first release I thought other games might do the same so any game that came out I bought - the odd one did disappear really quickly like Flappy Mcfur but nearly all others are still readily available like Defender of the Crown which was only 300 copies but is still available after all these years. I was buying any Jaguar game and some of them like Fast Food 64 were honestly played for two minutes then never played again. If I remember right Rebooteroids disappeared for a while off Atariage store but was restocked again... In hindsight buying every game was a dumb decision and one I will no longer repeat, but I will 100% support the really good games that I like the look of. 

THIS... this is exactly how I feel right now too.

I decided to keep Rebooteroids too, really love that game.

But you are so right... some games interest me more than others, and it's effort I just don't need to spend buying every single game that comes out. A lot of people put their heart and soul into these games, and they are fantastic... but it's not for me anymore to buy them all.

• Like 2

Sad to see the ports up there for hundreds of $$$ - worth messaging Gaz to see if he has any left.  DOTC and Xenon2 are available here in the AA store for a lot less.

You could buy 4 games from the AA store for the cost of that DOTC, including both DOTC and Xenon 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ls650 said:

Jaguar prices have gone crazy!

There are constantly people posting "Where did you get that?" under homebrew releases on facebook posts.  I gave up with responding ages ago. 

If folks want to think the entire internet is facebook.com then let them get on with it.

• Like 2

Towers 2 is still available but its the one in the newer box that says 'Limited Edition' on the box and has a newer label so some people may want the older original box/cart release... As for Defender of the Crown, surely Atariage must be running out of them if it was limited to 300 copies as mine was copy 200 and something and that was bought near the original release date which must be at least two years ago so surely they must be running out them by now unless the IP owners has allowed Albert to do more as that was a game I figured would sell out a long time ago.

16 minutes ago, JaggingUK said:

As for Defender of the Crown, surely Atariage must be running out of them if it was limited to 300 copies as mine was copy 200 and something and that was bought near the original release date which must be at least two years ago so surely they must be running out them by now unless the IP owners has allowed Albert to do more as that was a game I figured would sell out a long time ago.

Possibly, but its not 'run out' as its still there, for a lot less. So there's no need for these prices.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ls650 said:

I don't get some of those bids.  Isn't Towers II still available from Telegames and Songbird for like $100-120?  Yet it has two bids at $280...

Clueless people with deep pockets are easy prey for shrewd resellers. ?   

Looking at those prices.....well, you have been warned. ;-)  

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Clueless people with deep pockets are easy prey for shrewd resellers. ?   

Looking at those prices.....well, you have been warned. ;-) 

You're hilarious, "shrewd reseller." I don't do this for a business, I am literally selling nearly all my video games because I'm moving into a different phase of my life and just don't want all this stuff.

I pegged you the minute you first responded. You're annoyed that I'm making money on these Atari games, and that you couldn't afford them the first time around. Such is life... I spent a lot of money buying them. I supported Cryanoj and Gaz (and every single other home-brew publisher) by buying literally every single game they released... with every single release. This was money that went directly into the pockets of the developers doing the work. I also supported the Atari VCS kickstarter.

I'm sure in your mind you see me making money on these Atari games as morally reprehensible, and probably assume that the only morally correct thing to do would be to sell them at the same price that I paid. Which is totally absurd. The Atari Jaguar isn't charity. But on that... I gave away thousands of dollars worth of video games for free on AtariAge several years ago... I even paid for shipping. Aside from games, I donate more in one to two years than I'll probably make in the sale of all my Atari Jaguar games. So wherever your moral outrage is coming from, you should judge yourself first.

9 hours ago, ls650 said:

I don't get some of those bids.  Isn't Towers II still available from Telegames and Songbird for like $100-120?  Yet it has two bids at $280...

I looked. Towers II is out of stock on Songbird productions, and I couldn't find it available anywhere else. I couldn't find it available on Telegames website either.

15 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Sad to see the ports up there for hundreds of $$$ - worth messaging Gaz to see if he has any left.  DOTC and Xenon2 are available here in the AA store for a lot less.

You could buy 4 games from the AA store for the cost of that DOTC, including both DOTC and Xenon 2.

Typically what I've done before putting a game up for sale, I check all the other auctions on eBay, and then look for one that I think is competitive, and then list my game just below that price. In the case of Xenon, when I bought my copy, I paid more than what AtariAge is currently listing it as a pre-order. My copy of Xenon 2 is the only one available on eBay right now, and Atari Age isn't selling it right now either, only listing it as a pre-order. So essentially, my Xenon 2 is the only one currently available. If I'm not mistaken, I paid you $79 for my original. I'm asking $99. Which is not unreasonable as the only cartridge currently available... which in the end, I'll have taken a loss on it from both an inflationary and eBay fees perspective.

The DOTC, I didn't realize there were only 300 copies. I assumed mine was one of a select / rare run of 300, which is why I listed it for that price. The games have been selling faster than I can put them up... but I'm trying to list them fairly, while also making it worth my while.

Edited by 82-T/A

I can get behind offering a discount or selling for roughly the same price if you want to market your items directly to the jag community, like selling them on this website. Jag isn't a charity and there's no legal obligation to sell stuff at a certain price, but there's a certain amount of goodwill that goes on in this community that's wonderful and supportive of it. Like the people who are behind the atari st ports and packaging them on carts, or the people behind the pro controller, or Carl buying exclusive legal rights to certain games but continuing to sell them for the same prices he has for the last 10+ years.  These folks could easily have price gouged these items when they were new, or tried to carefully control the quantity that is put up for sale at any one time to encourage ridiculous demand and higher prices and perhaps make a higher profit margin, but imo out of goodwill for the community they tried to keep this stuff at more conventional prices so the stuff could get into the community and people would be able to appreciate the work that went into making the items, and also have a fun experience with the jag 25 years after its commercial life. 

On the other hand, if you're selling on ebay to everyone in the world rather than on a community website, you might as well sell them for whatever the market will pay for them. I've intentionally sold stuff for less than the ebay going rate, and/or in lots of 4 or 5 games before on ebay to get rid of the items faster and then found that the "buyer" was a retro game store who would then simply list the exact same items for sale with a markup and/or split up the lot of 4 or 5 games into individual auctions to make a couple bucks.  It shouldn't really matter to me who the buyer is as long as I get the price I wanted... but if the idea is to pass on the goodwill, unfortunately there's too many flippers and bots scanning ebay for a lower-than-ebay-marketvalue price to be concerned with intentionally offering stuff for cheap and thinking you're contributing to the good of the jag/snes/genesis/saturn/3do etc. community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 82-T/A said:

You're hilarious, "shrewd reseller." I don't do this for a business, I am literally selling nearly all my video games because I'm moving into a different phase of my life and just don't want all this stuff.

I pegged you the minute you first responded. You're annoyed that I'm making money on these Atari games, and that you couldn't afford them the first time around.

???

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, sirlynxalot said:

<snip>

Jag isn't a charity and there's no legal obligation to sell stuff at a certain price, but there's a certain amount of goodwill that goes on in this community that's wonderful and supportive of it.

On the other hand, if you're selling on ebay to everyone in the world rather than on a community website, you might as well sell them for whatever the market will pay for them.

I'm pretty OK with my goodwill on here. As I said, I've given thousands of dollars away worth of hardware, games, and equipment just because of what you're saying. My Atari Jaguar collection, I put a lot of money into it... directly supporting the people who made the games. While some people were upset they couldn't afford them at the time, or complained that people were charging too much, I ponied up and paid. I didn't buy duplicates (at least not ever intentionally), but recently came to the conclusion that not only was I not even really playing the Jaguar, but that nearly all the games I'd purchased over the past ~5 years, I hadn't even actually ever opened.

I'm totally OK with getting as much as I reasonably can from my Jaguar collection. Some of it will go right back into the Atari VCS in new games that I've been buying, and the other ~90% of it will go towards my daughter's 529 college education account.

I literally just made $1,000 (actually $979.75) on just 5 games, from the time I made my last reply to this one. And I'm 100% OK with that. I could just be a normal person and not care that 1 or 2 people get upset that I'm making money. But I feel it's my obligation at this point... as a member of the community where I've contributed for the past 20 years of my life, to make a few Debbie-downers to understand their opinion is wrong. If I wanted to make money, I could have bought 4 or 5 copies of every game, and then auctioned them off slowly. But I didn't do that. I had intended to keep my collection until death. I realize now how ridiculous that is... and I'm letting someone else buy them now.

Edited by 82-T/A
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, sirlynxalot said:

I can get behind offering a discount or selling for roughly the same price if you want to market your items directly to the jag community, like selling them on this website. Jag isn't a charity and there's no legal obligation to sell stuff at a certain price, but there's a certain amount of goodwill that goes on in this community that's wonderful and supportive of it. Like the people who are behind the atari st ports and packaging them on carts, or the people behind the pro controller, or Carl buying exclusive legal rights to certain games but continuing to sell them for the same prices he has for the last 10+ years.  These folks could easily have price gouged these items when they were new, or tried to carefully control the quantity that is put up for sale at any one time to encourage ridiculous demand and higher prices and perhaps make a higher profit margin, but imo out of goodwill for the community they tried to keep this stuff at more conventional prices so the stuff could get into the community and people would be able to appreciate the work that went into making the items, and also have a fun experience with the jag 25 years after its commercial life. 

On the other hand, if you're selling on ebay to everyone in the world rather than on a community website, you might as well sell them for whatever the market will pay for them. I've intentionally sold stuff for less than the ebay going rate, and/or in lots of 4 or 5 games before on ebay to get rid of the items faster and then found that the "buyer" was a retro game store who would then simply list the exact same items for sale with a markup and/or split up the lot of 4 or 5 games into individual auctions to make a couple bucks.  It shouldn't really matter to me who the buyer is as long as I get the price I wanted... but if the idea is to pass on the goodwill, unfortunately there's too many flippers and bots scanning ebay for a lower-than-ebay-marketvalue price to be concerned with intentionally offering stuff for cheap and thinking you're contributing to the good of the jag/snes/genesis/saturn/3do etc. community.

Ebay scalpers are nothing new, what is new is that they have the nerve to promote and sell directly to the community.

And if that was not enough, requesting hombrewers to compensate for their "loss" (VCS ports of homebrews).

I can tell you what homebrewers think of that........... I don't make (Jaguar) games for that kind of "fans". ;-)

I have a sizable collection myself, but If I would intend to sell it for inflated prices, I would not do it here.

Edited by agradeneu

43 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

And if that was not enough, requesting hombrewers to compensate for their "loss" (VCS ports of homebrews).

I don't exactly understand what you mean by this. You've said this a few times, and I don't understand what you're getting at. I also don't know where you're quoting "loss" from either. Can you explain?

1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

I have a sizable collection myself, but If I would intend to sell it for inflated prices, I would not do it here.

I don't sell a lot, but typically what I would do is determine a reasonable eBay price, then mark the item down a bit from there to sell directly to the community - AtariAge, Nintendo Age (RIP), etc.  While I guess you could consider those prices "inflated", in many cases it is still allowing community members to obtain games for less than they would otherwise have to pay on eBay.  

57 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

I don't exactly understand what you mean by this. You've said this a few times, and I don't understand what you're getting at. I also don't know where you're quoting "loss" from either. Can you explain?

"loss" "fans"

I did not quote anyone, it is to highlight irony/sarcasm:

https://style.mla.org/quotes-when-nothing-is-being-quoted/#:~:text=Authors often use quotation marks,are sometimes called scare quotes.&text=Quotation marks may also suggest,is usually meant by it.

Edited by agradeneu

7 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Ahh yes... well, let me take the opportunity to repeat again what I'd like to see.

A lot of these games I like, and if they happen to sell them on the Atari VCS... the developers will now get money from me a SECOND time. :)

It's so strange to me that you're so worked up about me making money off my Atari Jaguar games.

7 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

It's so strange to me that you're so worked up about me making money off my Atari Jaguar games.

They are your games, and you can do whatever you want with them. Sell them for whatever price you want, and whatever price works for you. If you can sell a game for a few hundred dollars, then more power to you. It doesn't matter if you want to spend the raised money on your child's education, or a Hello Kitty bike. It's all good. You also don't owe anything to the previous owner of the games, whether that was a producer, Atari, flea market seller, eBay reseller, AtariAge member, game producer.

All I ask is that you sell me a console and a controller for a hundred dollars (or so). ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

Ahh yes... well, let me take the opportunity to repeat again what I'd like to see.

A lot of these games I like, and if they happen to sell them on the Atari VCS... the developers will now get money from me a SECOND time. :)

See, not everythings about money....I guess it's a cultural difference ;-)

11 hours ago, 82-T/A said:

I don't do this for a business, I am literally selling nearly all my video games because I'm moving into a different phase of my life and just don't want all this stuff.

PRO TIP:  Don't care, waste of time.

• Like 1