IGNORED

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Graphics Adventure)

TheGreatPW

Any Italian speakers on here?  Even though I grew up in an Italian neighborhood unfortunately it doesn't mean I'm able to understand everything in this Youtube video.

Somehow he's playing Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis on a 520ST?  

I remember reading this game was cancelled and only the Action Game was released.  However watching this video, that horrible music it plays sure sounds like Atari ST music chip.  He even selects it at the 6:50 mark of the video (wish he would've chosen the Roland MT32 instead).

https://youtu.be/in9IoSmmmF8

Did he somehow pull off his own Indiana Jones style recovery of a lost prototype or is he just messing around with some video edit software?

Didn't they come out with an ST version of ScummVM for the ST not too long ago? If so, I'd be willing to bet that's how they're playing it, and you could possibly play some of the other unreleased for the Atari LucasArts titles.

If you're not familiar with ScummVM, check it out here.

https://www.scummvm.org/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zzip said:

Interesting, but no Sam and Max support? :(

As far as it goes, its just the four games.  And there is no built in sound support, though from what I've followed, it will work with the Roland, if you actually have one...I'm going to test it when the MT32-pi emulator when my cable arrives...  The real Rolands just go for so much these days.

http://www.happydaze.se/scummvm-lite-atari/

This does have sound support through the ST Yamaha YM chip and even the characters talking.  Press F5 brings up some options and you can choose.  I have played these games on my ST and have sound and music working through the YM chip.  I have also used a MT32-pi to output the music and this sounds excellent.

14 minutes ago, kodak80 said:

This does have sound support through the ST Yamaha YM chip and even the characters talking.  Press F5 brings up some options and you can choose.  I have played these games on my ST and have sound and music working through the YM chip.  I have also used a MT32-pi to output the music and this sounds excellent.

You are correct.  I meant no emulated sound support for the Roland (like SCUMM on other platforms), but that's not what I typed.  I've only tried it on my STE, does the ST version talk too?

10 hours ago, 8bitguy1 said:

You are correct.  I meant no emulated sound support for the Roland (like SCUMM on other platforms), but that's not what I typed.  I've only tried it on my STE, does the ST version talk too?

Yes, ST version has talking too as it uses the YM chip which is in all ST computers.

On 2/11/2021 at 8:58 PM, bfollowell said:

Didn't they come out with an ST version of ScummVM for the ST not too long ago? If so, I'd be willing to bet that's how they're playing it, and you could possibly play some of the other unreleased for the Atari LucasArts titles.

If you're not familiar with ScummVM, check it out here.

https://www.scummvm.org/

Thank you for sharing!   This is the first time I heard of ScummVM being released to the public!  What happened?  I thought this was an Atari Brotherhood!

Really exciting to hear that it's finally available for all.

I wonder if they will release the Scumm for Apple II as I'd love to see a port to the Atari XL finally as well.  Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Graphics Adventure was cancelled for the Commodore 64 (the Action game got released) and I'd love to see the 8-bit versions make it too.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 10:49 PM, Jinroh said:

Yes that is it! Scumm-VM-Lite! I played it on my Mega ST4 not long ago too. :D

Awesome video!  Thank you for posting it!  LucasArts along with Sierra Online defined the 16/32 bit gaming era.  It's really a shame the Atari ST version hasn't been recovered but being playable now definitely makes up for it.

Edited by TheGreatPW
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 5:20 PM, kodak80 said:

Anyone know of a video on YouTube that shows off what the talking sounds like with the music on the ST music chip?

The only videos I found only plays the music.  You would never know that the talkie works too.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:36 AM, 8bitguy1 said:

As far as it goes, its just the four games.  And there is no built in sound support, though from what I've followed, it will work with the Roland, if you actually have one...I'm going to test it when the MT32-pi emulator when my cable arrives...  The real Rolands just go for so much these days.

My hard drive is a Supra for my STe.  I'm not sure I have enough hard drive space to get more than one game installed at a time!  LOL  Probably need to upgrade the hard drive to install all 4.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheGreatPW said:

Thank you for sharing!   This is the first time I heard of ScummVM being released to the public!  What happened?  I thought this was an Atari Brotherhood!

Really exciting to hear that it's finally available for all.

I wonder if they will release the Scumm for Apple II as I'd love to see a port to the Atari XL finally as well.  Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Graphics Adventure was cancelled for the Commodore 64 (the Action game got released) and I'd love to see the 8-bit versions make it too.

ScummVM has been a public project and available to any and everyone for quite a few years, probably a decade at least. I've always used it on my PC. Now, the ST version I'm not as familiar with. I think it only came out a few years ago, maybe just a couple. Also, I don't think the version available through scummvm.org is the same as ScummVM-Lite that everyone is referring to here, though I could be wrong. Assuming they are two different projects, I have no idea what the differences are or which is better.

• Like 1

ScummVM need some powerful machine. Like Falcon with CT60e.

ScummVM Lite only has four games working since each game has it own *.prg and all graphics is converted for 16 colors and very optimized. Many things are also stripped from ScummVM since it is not needed for these four games. And I think Agranlund choose these four specifically for a reason. Some of these four games works relative fine on a normal 8 MHz machine. 

You also need the files from PC talkie version. Some version has converted sound to *.OGG, packed data and will not work. Some version only have music.

Edited by snarkdluG

My hard drive is a Supra for my STe.  I'm not sure I have enough hard drive space to get more than one game installed at a time!  LOL  Probably need to upgrade the hard drive to install all 4.

I’ve got a 2gb card in my ultrasatan and I only do one of these at a time. No data can be packed so it’s takes lots of space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/14/2021 at 9:42 PM, TheGreatPW said:

I'm surprised to see it on the ST at all.  Many of these games ran in 256-color mode.   Getting it to run on 8-bit systems with their color placement restrictions isn't going to be easy.  Not to mention memory restrictions.

• Like 2