IGNORED

Intellivision coming to Evercade

Rev

39 minutes ago, Rev said:

Thanks for posting this here and starting a dedicated thread!

I already love my Evercade and have all the released cartridges. 

So glad they are working with Intellivision Entertainment on 2 cartridges.

Hopefully they pick all the best single player games including great sports choices such as Skiing,Boxing and Golf.

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons,Nightstalker,Buzz Bombers and so many others would be great fits as well.

Let's see what else they fit in,this is certainly outstanding news!??

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Thanks for posting this here and starting a dedicated thread!

I already love my Evercade and have all the released cartridges. 

So glad they are working with Intellivision Entertainment on 2 cartridges.

Hopefully they pick all the best single player games including great sports choices such as Skiing,Boxing and Golf.

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons,Nightstalker,Buzz Bombers and so many others would be great fits as well.

Let's see what else they fit in,this is certainly outstanding news!??

You satisfied with evercade? Some reviews weren’t that good, either way I’ll get one now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

You satisfied with evercade? Some reviews weren’t that good, either way I’ll get one now. 

I do enjoy it.

I purchased it because I saw they were making the two Lynx carts,a system I never owned.

There are some great games such as Crystal Mines,Chip Challenge,Blue Lighting etc on those carts.

There are many games that are on different carts that were forgotten or never widely acclaimed for a reason.

Like any video game compilation carts there are good and bad games.

But for the price of $20. for each cart you dont have much to lose.

Some carts have had some awesome and excellent games I had never seen or heard of. Nice bonus!

The system itself is sturdy,well designed and so far extremely dependable and I have use it a lot.

Highly recommended by me,and now with the Intellivision carts coming now would be a great time for folks here to jump in.?

• Like 3

I'm enjoying the Evercade, haven't had the issues some are reporting, find it's been a very good spend for me.  I'm looking forward to the two collections - imagine it'll mostly be Action and Space Network games, a mix of latter arcade-types.  With the number pad mapping several would need some retooling, but the Evercade has four add'l buttons to work with, you could cheat with a couple combos if you had to, so some room to maneuver.  And everything is inherently single-player.  Still, they got up to 25 on the modern plug-n-play controllers in the 2000s, it's not impossible.

I'm hoping they can sneak in a couple home-brews, or a later Intellivision home-brew cartridge is announced.  Something of an "Indievision" cartridge.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

But I wonder how the Intellivision games would translate because many of them were made specifically for the Inty's unique controller while utilizing the number pad.

I imagine they will stick to the games from the Intellivision that only need the directional controller and fire buttons.

Obviously the more complex keypad games stand no chance of being translated to the Evercade.

Therefore many of the games we would like to see ported over wont be.

Hopefully they stick to the games that transfer over seamlessly. 

• Like 1

There are lots of intellivision games that use eight directions or less and a handfull of buttons; some are third party or have second licenses.  The problem for me would be that the controls are left-handed; and I wouldn't want to play frog bog with only 45 degree jumps

Would be cool if some physical Amico releases had some sort of Evercade-compatible version of the game... E.g. a physical release that had an Evercade cart that had a "classic" version of the game and the <whatever magic thing it is> that gets you the Amico release, too. If you don't have an Evercade, oh well - you still got a "feelie" release and the Amico game. If you DO have an Evercade, then bonus! You got a two-fer! Of course, that would put the onus on someone to make a "classic mode" version of the game I suppose.