IGNORED

The best Atari 7800 S-Video mod is the one best suited to your output device, i.e, TV/Monitor

cedropoole

I started out my Atari 7800 journey with RF output on a CRT and then graduated to the simple composite mod. Then came the Longhorn Engineering mod and now, the latest and greatest S-Video mods are the UAV and Magic Knight. If you search the net for the best Atari 7800 S-video mod what comes up hands down is that UAV is the best available. Beware CRT purists like myself because if you connect a UAV modded 7800 to a CRT you will be dissapointed. The Longhorn S-Video is simply stunning on my WEGA 36" CRT and along with progressive Line doubling even better. I own a UAV modded 7800 as well and It looks good on my LED flat panel but there is no question in my mind that the Longhorn mod on my CRT looks stunning compared to the UAV. The UAV mod does look better than the Longhorn on my modern flat panel but the Longhorn on CRT simply shines.

Edited by cedropoole
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, cedropoole said:

What an astute response. Clearly drVenkman is a clarivoiant as well as a curmudgeon. He knows what others think and experience better that themselves. Kudos to you O' great sage.

Go back and read the exact part I quoted and replied to, and then your own post in response. If anyone thinks they can speak for all, it would seem to be you. :) 

10 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Go back and read the exact part I quoted and replied to, and then your own post in response. If anyone thinks they can speak for all, it would seem to be you.

I speak of my personal experience but drVenkman knows what's true and will rudely tell you so. drVenkman likes to treat others on this forum with respect, like his comment to another member "Did you really need to quote the entire ordering info post to add one unsubstantiated opinion?" drVenkman is an asset to AtariAge!

Edited by cedropoole
  • Haha 1