IGNORED

Custom SYS Check 2.2 case

Mr Robot

39 minutes ago, Nezgar said:

So modest. ? It's beautiful! I guess the logo is more visible on an XE vs an XL where you would just see the blank bottom plate.

The bottom plate has to be super thin, it’s already tight enough against the XL case as it is. I don’t have the plastic to emboss, and debossing would require supports so it has to be flat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Well this came out OK. 

Thanks to Eric Nikolaisen on Facebook for sending me his Sys Check to model.  

This will be coming to a website near you soon.

IMG_4079.jpeg

IMG_4080.jpeg

IMG_4078.jpeg

Damn it - you are going to really crank my arm and reverse my thoughts that all 3D printed stuff is shit.  I'll buy your products, but not another 3D printer :)

• Like 1

That is freakin' awesome! Thanks for the design work, and thanks to you too Eric Nikolaisen for your contribution. Yeah, it's a shame the name won't be seen when used on an XL, but I understand why you made that way. Besides, I don't use any of the memory feature of the SysCheck, so I'm mainly using mine as a troubleshooting tool, so I'm not too concerned with not seeing the name. It will be nice to have mine in a case though.

Speaking of awesome 3D models, how goes the confirmation of the AtariMax SIO2PC-USB Dual Port case?

I'm anxious to get both of these bad boys printed. My SysCheck and my SIO2PC-USB Dual Port are the only bare devices I have and I'm anxious to get them both protected.

Great work Steve!

Edited by bfollowell

6 hours ago, bfollowell said:

Speaking of awesome 3D models, how goes the confirmation of the AtariMax SIO2PC-USB Dual Port case?

The last of the SIO2PC cases (Dual Serial) is now done and I will be shipping the first final print back to Eric Nikolaisen with his Sys Check (and the XE he loaned me to measure) next week, then they will be made available. 

I'm not going to case the Terminal SIO2PC's I think they have different usage patterns to the Serial and USB ones.

I should say this is for the Sys-Check 2.2 Standard, if you have a 2.2BBU or a 2.2XL and would like a case for it, I'll be happy to make one if you send me your hardware to model (you will get it back with a case around it).

The same offer is true for any external hardware that doesn't have a case. PM me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

The bottom plate has to be super thin, it’s already tight enough against the XL case as it is. I don’t have the plastic to emboss, and debossing would require supports so it has to be flat. 

What about doing the letters as cutouts in the back piece, exposing the back of the PCB?  You couldn't do the overlapped checkmark, but could have it as SYS✔️.  Or, to keep the overlap, the checkmark could be done as a dotted outline or have breaks in the outline 'stencil-style'.

I have an Atarimax sio2pc-usb. Would love to get a case for it. I don’t use it much but currently I have a cardboard box around it to prevent shorts. 

I also have a syschek on back order from vintage computer center so I would love one of those. 

let me know who and where to go to get printed copies of these. 

-craig

On 2/13/2021 at 10:04 AM, Mr Robot said:

I should say this is for the Sys-Check 2.2 Standard, if you have a 2.2BBU or a 2.2XL and would like a case for it, I'll be happy to make one if you send me your hardware to model (you will get it back with a case around it).

The same offer is true for any external hardware that doesn't have a case. PM me.

Silly me.  Never occurred to me the extra width of the battery would impact but makes sense.  Not even sure why I ordered the battery XL/XE version except to have the uber-super-deluxe-I’ll never use all these features version.   I’ll lie and say I was up sold under intense pressure.    

On 2/12/2021 at 6:28 PM, Mr Robot said:

Well this came out OK. 

Thanks to Eric Nikolaisen on Facebook for sending me his Sys Check to model.  

This will be coming to a website near you soon.

IMG_4079.jpeg

IMG_4080.jpeg

IMG_4078.jpeg

Sick!!!

As sweet as it may ever get, indeed! I need one!

We also need another custom-design for Sophia's II DVI interface daughterboard (small one, where the actual DVI interface is), since many may opt not to cut or modify the 800's case.

WELL done!