IGNORED

Custom SYS Check 2.2 case

Mr Robot

On 2/12/2021 at 5:25 PM, Mr Robot said:

The bottom plate has to be super thin, it’s already tight enough against the XL case as it is.

It's zero clearance with my V2.1/800XL, pins are in contact with the case above the PBI card edge connector.

side-view.thumb.jpg.0f91e1f5edc9aa67ded3a0e9f173a2aa.jpg

The SYSCHECK projects above an XL leaving an area on the bottom near the CART/ECI connector that could have raised printing. On the V2.1 model pictured the area would be at least 3/4" , example shown in image below. I believe the V2.2 PCB should be larger because of the cartridge slot, this would increase the height above the XL case which could be used for raised printing.

front-view.thumb.jpg.cd6cbe123c4d0523f3a265b392110fe9.jpg

Edited by BillC
edited second image
  • Like 1

Both true points but as I've already stated, the back panel is extremely thin.

You only have to look at the case to see that the back panel will print with the panel flat against the print bed. I can emboss lettering on that but it will raise the thin plastic off the print bed and require supports. that is going to give an unsatisfactory surface finish, increase the print time, increase the print cost, and likely lead to the reprint of a few failures because of ruining the case when peeling the thin back off of the supports.

All that to repeat a logo that is already on the other side.  

I could cut out the logo on the back, exposing the PCB where the logo is but that is unacceptable to me because the entire point of the case is to protect the PCB. 

I can release the logo I drew for this as a PNG file and anyone that wants to can print a sticker with it?

The case looks wonderful!

I made a case for Syscheck 2.1 out of a cassette case and I made on for Syscheck 2.2 XL out of an old Vic-modem case I hacked down to size. Now I have a 3D printer though, so I think I'll be wanting to make one for at least the 2.1 version. I can finally leave the old-school case manufacturing behind and use those skills only for restoration.

20210216_191504.jpg

20210216_191528.jpg

20210216_191605.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Heres the Sys-Check 2.2 BBU version.

The battery is so close to the XL case that it touches as you plug it in so there is no room for a case to cover it.

Haven't test printed yet but I have @bfollowell's syscheck to test against

Sys-Check v2.2 BBM-2.png

Sys-Check v2.2 BBM.png

Edited by Mr Robot
It's a BBU not a BBM
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Heres the Sys-Check 2.2 BBU version.

The battery is so close to the XL case that it touches as you plug it in so there is no room for a case to cover it.

Haven't test printed yet but I have @bfollowell's syscheck to test against

Sys-Check v2.2 BBM-2.png

Sys-Check v2.2 BBM.png

It looks great!

Actually, I think having the battery exposed is a better idea anyway. I know those little watch batteries last for years and years, but it'll need to be replaced eventually, and having it exposed like this will allow us to replace it without removing the case.

Great job Steve!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kenames99 said:

also, if I send you an ICD extender, would you do a case for that? thanks.

Sure. Let me clear my backlog of designs and I'll let you know. 

Sys-check 2.2BBU and ECI2PBI are both test printing now. 

892552159_ScreenShot2021-03-12at15_22_00.thumb.png.75ee89fdf5a3538e9ada507d3758fad1.png

I have Dropcheck's reimagined Ralph Davids EPROM burner next on my list. On Dropchecks website she says there is a download for manual in english and german, the software and an STL for the case but I can't find it on the site anywhere. I thought I might get away with not having to make one from scratch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

892552159_ScreenShot2021-03-12at15_22_00.thumb.png.75ee89fdf5a3538e9ada507d3758fad1.png

I have Dropcheck's reimagined Ralph Davids EPROM burner next on my list. On Dropchecks website she says there is a download for manual in english and german, the software and an STL for the case but I can't find it on the site anywhere. I thought I might get away with not having to make one from scratch ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Sorry,  I did an update to the site awhile back and didn't realize the document tab was gone.  Fixed now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

I have an R.D. eprom burner too that I need a 3D case printed for, and I forgot that @Dropcheck has STL's on her site. I bought the burner several years ago and had long forgotten with my recent 3D printer ownership. Thanks for reminding me! And thank you Dropcheck for posting an STL. Now I don't have to design my own as planned.