IGNORED

Custom SYS Check 2.2 case

Mr Robot

I've been spending my time on the NUC+ project and one other secret thing so these cases have been taking a back seat. Turns out thats a good thing because tf_hh contacted me to let me know about some of the things he has changed in the way he makes the boards which will require me making changes to the syscheck case. 

I am having some reliability problems with my printer which is keeping me from finishing the XL/XE Eprom Burner case and I've ordered an E3d Hemera to upgrade my hotend/extruder to fix that. When that's done I can get all the hardware back to their respective owners. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2021 at 1:19 PM, kenames99 said:

that is a very nice looking case. so is the one for the syscheck. I thought I said I want one in an earlier post but did not see that so, if you start making the syscheck case then I want one. also, if I send you an ICD extender, would you do a case for that? thanks.

Ken

@kenames99 are you still wanting a case for your ICD Extender? If you are send me a PM and we can sort out getting it to me to model for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the quality is top notch.

I did have to modify mine a smidge. One of the EPROMs was too close to the edge and was not allowing it to close all the way. But a little dremmeling and it was all good.

I ordered an sio2pc but like a bonehead I ordered the wrong one. No biggie I just ordered the correct one. Keeping the other one for a friend.

Great job!

20 minutes ago, moonlight_mile said:

I did have to modify mine a smidge. One of the EPROMs was too close to the edge and was not allowing it to close all the way. But a little dremmeling and it was all good.

This is something that came to light this week, tfhh moved that socket a little so recent syschecks don't quite fit. I've modified the case files to make space for it and reprinted for the person who reported it. If you'd like a reprint, let me know, I'll send you a corrected case.

I've been chatting with Jürgen and we've got to the bottom of the problem. There will be a 3rd version of the Sys-check case, a Standard version, not BBU, but made since April 2020. I'll be contacting all the people who ordered syschecks to make sure they have the right case.

Until this is sorted out I've marked the sys-check 2.2 standard as out of stock on the robot Factory store.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Even though my SysCheck doesn't exactly fit in the case (not Steve's fault and I'll be getting correct one anyway) but the quality is really great to the last detail. It even has brass (or some sort of other metal) inserts for screws!

Honestly - if you have hardware that Steve makes cases for - just buy it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually - while we're at it - @Mr Robot would you consider making SIDE2 and SIDE3 replacement cases (so they fit 1200XL)...? 

Original SIDE2 needs filing in order to fit and SIDE3 needs significant force so replacement cases that actually _fit_ would be great IMHO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Crazy, this was shipped May 17 and still has not arrived.  I get items from Sweden, Japan and China faster than items from the US.  

Going outside to yell at my mailbox.

Tracking says on route but it's upsetting the way it just disappears after leaving USPS, it's like shipping from China where you get tracking to the boat, then nothing until the day it's delivered. It's crazy that it's so poor just shipping to the people in the next country up, it doesn't even need to fly or float. :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, damanloox said:

Actually - while we're at it - @Mr Robot would you consider making SIDE2 and SIDE3 replacement cases (so they fit 1200XL)...? 

Original SIDE2 needs filing in order to fit and SIDE3 needs significant force so replacement cases that actually _fit_ would be great IMHO.

If someone wants to loan me one to experiment with I'd have a go, but if it's anything like the AVGcart there is so little spare room that making something functional *and* attractive that fits is unlikely. I'd also need 1200xl cart tunnel dimensions (weren't there two different versions with two different sizes?) and there is the matter of the switch on the front, is that an issue on the 1200?. 

2 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

Tracking says on route but it's upsetting the way it just disappears after leaving USPS, it's like shipping from China where you get tracking to the boat, then nothing until the day it's delivered. It's crazy that it's so poor just shipping to the people in the next country up, it doesn't even need to fly or float. :(

I had a paper envelope ship from Georgia (I am in Ohio).  It took 4 weeks and there was no updated tracking info even after it got to my door.  I could literally have walked there and back faster.

On 6/10/2021 at 10:21 PM, Mr Robot said:

These are now available from my website, all three version (yes three!) are available. 

https://therobotfactory.net/shop/3d-prints/sys-check-2-2-case/

I got my Syscheck during about the transition in 2020. So how someone can be sure which case to order? i.e. What are the distinctive differences b/w the two versions of Syscheck?