IGNORED

Does anybody know the story for lack of Druid games on the ST?

oky2000

Druid, Druid II Enlightenment are not on the ST. Druid didn't get an Amiga conversion but the two sequels were ported. The C64, and possibly Amstrad and Sinclair machines, got all three versions.

Is there a story why Firebird, who pretty much converted all their 16bit projects to the ST only or ST and Amiga, never published this game? Was there some sort of problem with development team being found by Firebird?  It's odd because this is around the time when almost all big UK software houses had something for the ST but nothing for the Amiga so it's odd that the roles are reversed

I know there was a Far Eastern themed Gauntlet style game by the guys who did Gauntlet 1 for US Gold that got canned from French magazine scans but it's like the game was never even considered for a port. Really odd!

(Warlock was released by a different publisher but I think that is on the ST)

Edited by oky2000

I did mention Warlock above :) Warlock is by Millennium on a Amiga and not great AFAIK and is the worst of the 3 by a long shot on the C64...in fact I wish they never bothered with that 4 color background rubbish for the C64. Doesn't play as good as Druid II (think I tried the Amiga game too but I prefer Druid 1 anyway the best IMHO.

Druid was really nice on A8 and C64, a great game....the sequel was O.K. and the trend didn't reverse with Warlock lol but it seemed odd that Firebird and Rainbird who were so eager to put out ST games when the Amiga 500 was still being manufactured but didn't release the sequel let alone the first. Must be some reason, maybe they couldn't find a developer in time for the ST conversion? It's a bit strange like Terra Cresta never even being started on Amstrad CPC by Ocean and yet they produced everything for the CPC around that time too.