IGNORED

Games!

budz2355

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just repurchased a TI99 having not owned one since I was a kid, it was my first system(well outside of my Grandstand 2000 Pong clone that got me into gaming). I'm pretty excited to get back to playing this thing after all these years, so many fond memories.

I've been thrilled to learn there have actually been some fairly recent releases, did not expect that at all.

My question here is being from the UK, have any of these more recent releases had PAL physical releases? I've never looked into it but I'm assuming the game carts need to be region correct to the system(so US NTSC games won't work on a EU PAL system)?

Thank you in advance, I have alot to learn.

36 minutes ago, Tetlee said:

I've just repurchased a TI99 having not owned one since I was a kid, it was my first system(well outside of my Grandstand 2000 Pong clone that got me into gaming). I'm pretty excited to get back to playing this thing after all these years, so many fond memories.

I've been thrilled to learn there have actually been some fairly recent releases, did not expect that at all.

My question here is being from the UK, have any of these more recent releases had PAL physical releases? I've never looked into it but I'm assuming the game carts need to be region correct to the system(so US NTSC games won't work on a EU PAL system)?

Thank you in advance, I have alot to learn.

There is no "regional lock" on the TI. You can play all the carts NTSC/PAL on any system. The only restriction is with the V2.2 versions that are allowing only modules with GROM (so no Atari games, etc.), but it's not so common in Europe. If you have a silver/black version you are fine. ;-) 

Edited by tmop69
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, tmop69 said:

There is no "regional lock" on the TI. You can play all the carts NTSC/PAL on any system. The only restriction is with the V2.2 versions that are allowing only modules with GROM (so no Atari games, etc.), but it's not so common in Europe. If you have a silver/black version you are fine. ;-) 

That's really helpful, thank you. Especially handy as the original game carts seem far more plentiful and reasonably priced in the US than here in Europe.

Once I receive the computer which is coming from France and test it's working I can begin my shopping wish list. My aim is to gradually accumalate as many game carts as I can to build a great library.

Will also look into these newer versions but I suspect an expansion is required for most of them.