Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Omega-TI

TRS-80: Ebay Heads Up Notice

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

Ending in 4 minutes. Rusted, heavily yellowed (probably owned by smoker), but $361 isn't bad for a Model II with 4 floppy drives and a keyboard. Who knows what's inside the computer.

Yeah, it's already been relisted, but oh, that one is NASTY!

 

NASTY.thumb.png.fe4c9a6d5ebb64b6c75ded48c89605ae.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 3-disk expansion system is a really nice touch! Too bad the Model II is local pickup only. I hope it goes to a good home.

Byte 198001 TRS-80 Model II.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 5:44 AM, bluejay said:

Sold. I suppose $550 isn't bad for a Model II.

Considering the condition and rarity of them, I would say it was a good purchase overall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274755333257?_trkparms=aid%3D1110010%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.DISCCARDS%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20200818142323%26meid%3Dee589e558c8d4130afbc62129c94471c%26pid%3D101123%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26mehot%3Dpf%26sd%3D124563997133%26itm%3D274755333257%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2563228%26algv%3Ddefault%26brand%3DRadioShack&_trksid=p2563228.c101123.m1982

 

Classic example of unrealistic expectations.

 

I would love a model III but that price is more than an Amiga or rare Pet. Plus I just saw a pimped out Model IV with built in FreHD go for a much lower price.

Edited by Arnuphis
added text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arnuphis said:

Yep!  Lots of people now think any old computer is worth tons.  Granted, M3s are getting harder to come by, but I doubt very much there is enough demand to get any in four figures.  Now, an M2, perhaps. But M1s, M3s, and M4s I really just don't see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice decked out Model 4 just sold for over $1,000. A clean 16K cassette based Model III just sold for $660 and another for $650...keep in mind these have no disk drives, no disk controller and no serial card.

 

Outside of being a rare curiosity, I'm not sure why anyone would pay more for a II, 12, 16 or 6000.  They weren't used in homes or schools and the limited amount of software is business oriented.

My Model III calls BBSs, has good sound from the cassette port, great stereo 5 voice sound from the Orchestra 90, 640X240 hi res graphics to play with, endless accessories from back in the day along with incredibly cool things being made today.  Then there are the thousands of programs available for it.

 

I wouldn't turn down a free II, but not really sure what I'd do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Turbo-Torch said:

I wouldn't turn down a free II, but not really sure what I'd do with it.

If you are a collector, that would be one heckuva addition, that's for sure.  Apart from that, I am sure there are some things that it can be used for, if not to restore and sell it for bookoos of bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2021 at 7:51 PM, Turbo-Torch said:

A nice decked out Model 4 just sold for over $1,000. A clean 16K cassette based Model III just sold for $660 and another for $650...keep in mind these have no disk drives, no disk controller and no serial card.

 

Outside of being a rare curiosity, I'm not sure why anyone would pay more for a II, 12, 16 or 6000.  They weren't used in homes or schools and the limited amount of software is business oriented.

My Model III calls BBSs, has good sound from the cassette port, great stereo 5 voice sound from the Orchestra 90, 640X240 hi res graphics to play with, endless accessories from back in the day along with incredibly cool things being made today.  Then there are the thousands of programs available for it.

 

I wouldn't turn down a free II, but not really sure what I'd do with it.

That model 4 was a showstopper. I may have gone for it had I seen it in time. A real gem. This is just a basic model III. I made a decent offer to the seller and was declined. I guess I will check back in 6 months when its still up for auction and see if they want to do realistic business then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Arnuphis said:

That model 4 was a showstopper. I may have gone for it had I seen it in time. A real gem. This is just a basic model III. I made a decent offer to the seller and was declined. I guess I will check back in 6 months when its still up for auction and see if they want to do realistic business then.

 

Good examples at reasonable prices show up all the time.  That III is so ridiculously priced, there's no point in even trying to negotiate with people like that...now or in the future.

 

The description is also idiotic.  Only shows it booted up into basic and claims No discs or anything so there is nothing downloaded

There are plenty of disks in the photos including TRSDOS. :lol:  I can almost guarantee the drives don't work and will need to be disassembled, cleaned and realigned on a scope.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am selling a nice working TRS80 Model 12 with a bunch of 8 inch software.

\

Local pickup in the Toronto , Canada area.

 

Edited by rietveld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2021 at 12:53 PM, Hwlngmad said:

If you are a collector, that would be one heckuva addition, that's for sure.  Apart from that, I am sure there are some things that it can be used for, if not to restore and sell it for bookoos of bucks.

I use my Model 2 to play games and read the news online with a wifi modem and i even added a Gotek as a second drive so I can make 8 inch disks

 

 

 

 

Edited by rietveld
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2021 at 12:53 PM, Hwlngmad said:

If you are a collector, that would be one heckuva addition, that's for sure.  Apart from that, I am sure there are some things that it can be used for, if not to restore and sell it for bookoos of bucks.

You can also use the Model 2 as a 80 column display for a Coleco Adam.  Here is a video where I do that

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...