IGNORED

Running Man Games - Using ECS or Aquarius to code Backstory?

Space Hawk - a "generic" running person game. Night Stalker. The list goes on. It's a generic "character" but maybe it wouldn't be so generic if it had a decent backstory? What if any running man game had an accompanying "pre-quel" or some other such literary device? Text adventures. Augmented by graphical and audio flourishes from the hardware...

Edit - I'd plan to use the INTV cartridge from which to pull graphical assets....

Edited by Intelligentleman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

It's a generic "character" but maybe it wouldn't be so generic if it had a decent backstory?

Certainly.  One of the things I loved about the Atari 2600 games that I grew up with was that the games were often accompanied, not only by stories in the manuals, but by richly detailed artwork on the cartridges and covers—the latter now deservedly celebrated in Tim Lapetino's excellent book, The Art of Atari.  All of these augmented the relatively primitive audiovisuals of the games, priming my imagination and providing dramatic story contexts and visuals that I could superimpose onto the games in my mind while I played.  The same would have been true of Intellivision and Aquarius games if I had played those back in the day, and it's still true today, which is why I'm so glad that homebrew game designers and publishers are taking the effort to include quality manuals and boxes with their games.

• Like 1