IGNORED

UK Customers can't be sent games by Atariage anymore / European maybe next

JaggingUK

I don't know Alberts logistics and actual sales in the UK, but could a AA-UK not be set up to assemble and sell carts ?

Personally i'd love to see a digital download option - especialy with the advent of the gamedrive - but i guess that has it's own problems.

My apologies if this has already been brought up, but what about if UK customers were to use package forwarding services? I've seen overseas buyers  do that first-hand over the years when buying something from me on eBay, as I have my eBay settings such that I only ship to the US. Gotta figure that would be a solid workaround unless I'm missing something.

4 minutes ago, juansolo said:

I'll add you to the PM. Just for clarity, we still can't place an order yet. We're still waiting on that.

Let me know when you're ready to place the order, although I have put the store in vacation mode until the middle of July, so no orders will now be shipped before then (not including orders that have already been placed, of course).

..Al

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 9:54 PM, Albert said:

Let me know when you're ready to place the order, although I have put the store in vacation mode until the middle of July, so no orders will now be shipped before then (not including orders that have already been placed, of course).

I've added you to the PM Thread with everyone in the group order. The last couple of posts are the pertinent ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, juansolo said:

I've added you to the PM Thread with everyone in the group order. The last couple of posts are the pertinent ones.

There are a few people on the Atari Jaguar Fans page asking about UK orders as well, although I can't vouch for them and no idea if they are forum regulars.

On 5/17/2022 at 3:22 PM, sixersfan105 said:

My apologies if this has already been brought up, but what about if UK customers were to use package forwarding services? I've seen overseas buyers  do that first-hand over the years when buying something from me on eBay, as I have my eBay settings such that I only ship to the US. Gotta figure that would be a solid workaround unless I'm missing something.

That is how I make most of my purchases in the US, as I am in South Africa, and the South African postal service can't be trusted regardless of whether the seller in the US is willing to ship here or not.

It works well for me, but it's only really cost-effective when buying several items and consolidating them into a single parcel before reshipping. However that's because the only good options for sending to South Africa are courier options (DHL, Fedex) which are more expensive.

For sending to the UK it should be cheaper and more straightforward, as one could reship using USPS.

Not sure if this information is helpful at all.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2022 at 7:04 PM, Albert said:

Yes, I'm glad to help anyone who wants to do this.  Basically, any orders over $200 USD should be fine, as VAT will be collected when the package is imported.  It's the packages under £135 that I cannot presently ship.

..Al

Now the store is open again is there a way a UK buyer can, er, buy please? My order is over $200, yet I can’t select UK in the country list during store checkout, so can’t make an order.

I’d love to place an order to! I’m mainly after Gravitic Mines but would pick up Dr. Typo Collection, Rebooteroids. I’ve checked Atari Age on eBay to as I’d be willing to buy that way and have them shipped to the UK but I don’t see them listed. I hope I can buy in the future, it’s super frustrating not being able to have a copy of Gravitic Mines.  

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I’d love to place an order to! I’m mainly after Gravitic Mines but would pick up Dr. Typo Collection, Rebooteroids. I’ve checked Atari Age on eBay to as I’d be willing to buy that way and have them shipped to the UK but I don’t see them listed. I hope I can buy in the future, it’s super frustrating not being able to have a copy of Gravitic Mines.  

I'm still in contact with HMRC in the UK and we've very slowly been going back and forth as they request additional information.  I'm hoping they approve the VAT application soon so I can once again ship to the UK, which is the second most popular international destination in the AtariAge Store after Canada. 

I do have Gravitic Mines, Dr. Typo Collection, and Rebooteroids up on eBay now.  I don't have the Deluxe Edition of Gravitic Mines up on eBay, but will add that over the weekend.  I have many of the other new games up on eBay as well, but not the Melody-based games for the 2600 until I am sufficiently flush with Melody boards (soon).

..Al

• Like 4

I just picked up Gravitic Mines via eBay for now as that’s the game I really want. Hopefully the VAT issue gets resolved at some point for us in the UK but for now I’m just glad I was able to purchase this game, if it arrives safely which I’ve no doubt it will I’ll pick up the rest of the games I’m after next month. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I just picked up Gravitic Mines via eBay for now as that’s the game I really want. Hopefully the VAT issue gets resolved at some point for us in the UK but for now I’m just glad I was able to purchase this game, if it arrives safely which I’ve no doubt it will I’ll pick up the rest of the games I’m after next month. 

Thanks for the order!  I am going to continue putting more games from the AtariAge Store up onto eBay and Etsy, as they are great avenues for attracting attention to the proper AtariAge Store, as well as the site in general.  And I very much look forward to getting the UK VAT situation resolved, it's supremely aggravating for me.

..Al

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueIn2Red said:

Didn’t you say ("Basically, any orders over $200 USD should be fine, as VAT will be collected when the package is imported.") it was a non-issue for high value orders though? Take my money dammit! ?

Yes, however, the store software I am running now does not have the ability for me to optionally offer sales to UK customers if the order is above a certain threshold.  I wish it did, as at least then I could support larger orders without any manual intervention. But anyone who does want to place a $200+ USD order, please write me privately and I will instruct you on how to do so through the store.

..Al

Anyone who wants to place an order for $200 USD or more in the AtariAge Store, you can go ahead and do so by choosing "Ireland" as your shipping country, rather than the UK.  Then leave a note when you complete the order that this is going to the UK, and I'll make sure the order is shipped to the UK (I don't ship much to Ireland anyway, so those orders will stand out). Anyone who has any questions about this can send me a message privately.

You will need to pay VAT on the order when it arrives in the UK.

Thanks,

..Al

It's the estimate shipping field, I get: Errors were reported while trying to calculate your shipping rate. Please contact us if they persist.
USPS_INT: Missing value for Country.

Might not need to put it in I suppose, if you choose PayPal it seems to go on from there regardless.

I just have to hang on for Geoff to confirm his part of my order before I push it through anyhow.