IGNORED

Which movies should have a game?

Which one of these movies should have a video game based on it?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these movies should have a video game based on it?

• Dark City
    • Enemy Mine
    • Escape From New York
    • Flight of the Navigator
    • Innerspace
    • Logan's Run
    • Planet of the Apes
    • Romancing the Stone
    • Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    • They Live
    • Westworld

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I made a list of 11 cool sci-fi or adventure movies that don't have a video game based on them. I'm sure there are much more:

Dark City
Enemy Mine
Escape From New York
Flight of the Navigator
Innerspace
Logan's Run
Planet of the Apes
Romancing the Stone
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
They Live
Westworld

What movies do you think should have a video game?

Edited by IntelliMission

I'm surprised there was never a Big Trouble In Little China game back in the day other than for computers. It would have been a perfect movie to adapt to home consoles such as the NES. The movie itself is like a live action video game. Same with Westworld and They Live to a lesser extent.

Big Trouble in Little China already has a game for some 8 bit computers (and it looks like it's not particularly good).

It's not the only one: a few movies deserve better video games that the ones that were made based on them: The Running Man, Back to the Future, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (Mad Max for the NES is based on it)...

Going back to the movies without even a bad game, I think Planet of the Apes and Dark city have potential for a point & click.

For an action game, They Live would work pretty well.

Of course, Escape from New York "almost" has a game, but maybe a game based on the actual movie could be cool.

Edited by IntelliMission

4 hours ago, IntelliMission said:

Escape from New York "almost" has a game

Perhaps not commercially available, but the C64 has two: one from 1985 and an intentional crap game from 1999.

Also regarding Big Trouble in Little China: It was published through Electric Dreams which was a bit of hit and miss. Out of their 20 titles listed on Lemon64, those rank from 2.4 (BTiLC) to 8.0 (Citadel). Possibly only Ocean could match that range of low and high ranked games.

@TBC has been talking on and off about making a game based on Logan's Run now for a number of years, but I don't know if it has moved beyond the idea stage.

I think flight of the Navigator would have made an excellent RPG done in a similar style as earthbound with some great shmup sequences.  It could have been released on the NES or the Genesis and I would have loved it!  I havent watched that movie since the early 90s.  It might be time to revist it along with the other movies you mentioned in your poll.

2 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Dark City, man love that film. I feel like it would be a good bad game for the Saturn/PS1, perhaps even the Amiga CD32 or 3DO era. Perhaps one of the last two just for naf nostalgia.

Apart from Goldeneye, the 32/64 bit era has some good games based on movies (Alien Trilogy, 007: The World is Not Enough, Spiderman, Disney's Hercules, Star Wars Episode 1: Racer), a few more that are decent (Mission: Impossible, Die Hard Trilogy, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Chicken Run) and others that are absolutely terrible (Spawn, The Fifth Element, City of the Lost Children, The Crow: City of Angels, Batman & Robin, Independence Day, Congo).

Maybe a Grim Fandango style would have fitted the movie fine.