IGNORED

My Treasured (& going) Lynx Collection

Serblander

The Atari Lynx » one of the most underrated fun handheld systems, especially when it comes to multiplayer gaming. Here is most of my collection (not counting all the doubles / full ComLynx Cart sets) I’m putting up here as a beautiful reminder before I sell it all in order to channel all energy (and funds) into my gaming book projects. I just wish I took photos before I sold off a few of the other official Lynx CIB games, as I had the full boxed release set, with the exception of Hard Drivin’ (never had the box or poster, only a few carts). I’m going to miss having these, especially the rare Lynx pieces that I have, and had (already said goodbye to my 2 Lynx Store/Counter Display Units). At the end of the day, I’d rather see these beauties go to someone who will appreciate them more than just having them stored away and used once a year. Thank you for all the beautiful memories. I hope you get make some new ones soon! ^^ ?

B826D308-2683-4D64-9FFE-9104C5ED393E.thumb.jpeg.58168eb809105567285f24864764b936.jpeg

• Like 2

That is a great collection there.  Hopefully it finds a good home.  I like all of the box styles for the Lynx consoles you have.  Does Atari Age have scans of all the box styles you have?  It is a little hard to see in the pic but I would check with Albert before selling them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

That is a great collection there.  Hopefully it finds a good home.  I like all of the box styles for the Lynx consoles you have.  Does Atari Age have scans of all the box styles you have?  It is a little hard to see in the pic but I would check with Albert before selling them.

Thank you very much. I'm not sure as I can't remember seeing the boxes for them (only used and looked at the game boxes/info previously). I'll have to take a look. I don't have easy access to a scanner but I definitely want to scan that Atari Lynx Cereal Promo Box! This is the only one I have ever seen myself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Serblander said:

I definitely want to scan that Atari Lynx Cereal Promo Box! This is the only one I have ever seen myself.

I did not even see it in your picture. Is it still brand new ?

I remember we had a contest to win a Falcon in France on milk bottles, but never saw something like this for the Lynx. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 2:58 AM, Fadest said:

I did not even see it in your picture. Is it still brand new ?

I remember we had a contest to win a Falcon in France on milk bottles, but never saw something like this for the Lynx. 

No, it's just the box, but it's the only one like this i've ever seen before. 

As for that Falcon on milk bottles: WOW! You wouldn't happen to have the bottle or a picture of one by chance? That is super cool! :) 

17 minutes ago, Serblander said:

As for that Falcon on milk bottles: WOW! You wouldn't happen to have the bottle or a picture of one by chance? That is super cool! :) 

No, and it was preInternet for everyone, so I guess it is lost (maybe in some franch magazine of fanzine ?)

Now, you could find it many times on Instagram :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2021 at 9:21 AM, PFG 9000 said:

Serblander, do you have an update on when the auctions might be posted?  I've been checking in here a few times a day so I don't miss out.  ?

I actually just jumped on to answer a few DM's and to post in the Marketplace that I have just listed my Eye of the Beholder on eBay last night (7 day auction). After that I will list a few of the other rarities that I have no recent comparisons for sales (Yatsuna variant release, full 7 set Lynx User mags, Kellogs Lynx Promo cereal box, etc) and was planning to update in Marketplace (eBay auctions) page as I'm not sure if you're supposed to update sales directly in the Lynx Forum? I'm happy to do whichever way people prefer and as per Forum rules (would just hate for long term collector's to miss out by missing a tread elsewhere as I know how it feels as I missed out on plenty rare auctions/sales like this in the past). Cheers! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Serblander said:

I actually just jumped on to answer a few DM's and to post in the Marketplace that I have just listed my Eye of the Beholder on eBay last night (7 day auction). After that I will list a few of the other rarities that I have no recent comparisons for sales (Yatsuna variant release, full 7 set Lynx User mags, Kellogs Lynx Promo cereal box, etc) and was planning to update in Marketplace (eBay auctions) page as I'm not sure if you're supposed to update sales directly in the Lynx Forum? I'm happy to do whichever way people prefer and as per Forum rules (would just hate for long term collector's to miss out by missing a tread elsewhere as I know how it feels as I missed out on plenty rare auctions/sales like this in the past). Cheers! 

Thank you for the heads-up!  I'll be watching for those auctions eagerly.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, high voltage said:

We haven't got any spares left, but I could copy some issues.

I'll get in touch with him

Nice Lynx collection there, btw.

Thank you! I would be happy with just some scans to archive and document on AtariGamer.com ?

• Thanks 1

Heads up to all those that asked: the Eye of the Beholder (CIB from Eric DeLee) auction is ending in just under 90 minutes. I hope it goes to someone from these forums that has been wanting one for ages, and I hope they get a lot more use out of it than I had the time to put into it. 

On a related note: does anyone know if Eye of The Beholder is ComLynxable? I was going through my Lynx brochures recently while sorting, and cam across one where it showed it as being ComLynx game, but not sure if Eric or anyone else for that matter has tried it or confirmed it??