IGNORED

Aquarius Printer

1 minute ago, rietveld said:

I use mine with my ECS

Eventually when I get my basement office finished, I plan to have a longish table in there where I'm going to set up my full Intellivision I, II, ECS, System Changer, Voice Module, Aquarius, Mini Expander, Tape Drive and Thermal Printer. I will try to place the printer and tape drive in a central location so that they can serve as a literal and figurative link between the Intellivision and the Aquarius. Plus it will be easier to swap the plugs from system to system as needed.

13 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

But we all agree that there are no printers with Intellivision logo/brand  made for Intellivision ECS, sold in Intellivision boxes, don’t we?

Correct.  The Aquarius Printer and Data Recorder shown with the ECS in promotional literature had Intellivision nameplates, but they were never released with them, as documented here.

26 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

So the Acquarius printer is compatible with the Intellivision ECS...

But we all agree that there are no printers with Intellivision logo/brand  made for Intellivision ECS, sold in Intellivision boxes, don’t we?

I read somewhere that Mattell used an Aquarius printer with a custom label when they debuted the ECS at the trade show but I dont think they ever sold to the general public like that  

Here is my Aquarius printer connected to my brown ECS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rietveld said:

I read somewhere that Mattell used an Aquarius printer with a custom label when they debuted the ECS at the trade show but I dont think they ever sold to the general public like that  

Here is my Aquarius printer connected to my brown ECS

Thank you, very interesting! And congrats for your "office", lot of nice stuff!

Is there any specific reason why you did use a European ECS (brown) instead of the white US one?

So, it looks like that there might be around some prototype of Intellivision branded printer, like the very few Tutorvision consoles branded Tutorvision for exhibitions purposes only. That would be really cool to find it, if it ever existed...

• Like 2

That's for the keyboard component which was discontinued in 1982.  The printer says mattel electronics on top and intellivision only on the cable.  The printer was only sold through mail order.

http://www.intellivisionbrasil.com.br/docs/manuais-hardware/Modulo_ThermalPrinter40.pdf

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Thank you, very interesting! And congrats for your "office", lot of nice stuff!

Is there any specific reason why you did use a European ECS (brown) instead of the white US one?

So, it looks like that there might be around some prototype of Intellivision branded printer, like the very few Tutorvision consoles branded Tutorvision for exhibitions purposes only. That would be really cool to find it, if it ever existed...

I have the Brown ECS with my Tandyvision 1 and the Grey ECS with my INTV2

brown.jpg

Grey case ECS.jpeg

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Oh wow that guy's maybe 30 minutes from me... I kinda want it just to have an example of it in my collection

On 2/22/2021 at 12:24 AM, Games For Your Intellivision said:

I think that the general use of 40 column printers 'back in the day' was to print out basic listings of programs. Some people prefer to debug programs on paper rather than on a terminal. 

I believe (pretty sure) that the Aquarius printer was the same printer that was used with the Keyboard component, just rebadged. Perhaps there were cosmetic differences. I don't know for sure. 

I have both. I should check that out. ?

3 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I did buy some games recently from that seller: outstanding level or reliability, seriousness and quality of service. 5 stars!

I can't buy anymore nice things right now. Let's just say I got a little carried away this month. However, it's great to know this seller is legit AND that he's within a 20-minute drive of me. Wonder if he's got a physical store...