IGNORED

TI99 PC V 2.0.4 - wanted a copy of utility

tiggerCambridge

I am looking for copy of the TI99 PC 2.0.4 written by Palo Bagnaresi.  the two known links that i have found are no longer active.  So i am unable to find a copy to download.

Wondering if anyone has a copy that they can provide.  

I found a very early version which does not work with Windows 10 64bit.

Please help if some can provide a copy to download.

Info regarding the program below.

Thanks 

John Van Weelie

TI99 PC V 2.0.4
Author: Palo Bagnaresi
TI99_PC v. 2 will read, write, format, catalog, copy and convert TI-99/4A floppy disks on a PC. You will be able to transfer your real TI floppy disks to the main TI emulators on a PC currently available (PC99 and V9T9).
Download: TI99-PC_2.0.4.zip ; 734KB

I've got an old version on a computer at home, but I do not believe any version will work with Windows 10.  I'm not sure, but I am not sure if it will run on anything beyond Windows 2000 as it was a MS-DOS command.exe style program, and the OS needed to support 16-bit.

Beery

• 1 year later...

Well, I just ran across this thread here...  late, but since the question was never answered fully, apparently, I'll do so here, now...  because I was looking to see if there was any newer version of this utility than what I have.

I have v2.0.4, v3.0.0, and v3.2.1.  I'll attach all three.

Note, v3.2.1 is apparently a major "redesign," and is built on top of a third-party disk utility called "OmniFlop."  You might want to look into OmniFlop, by itself, which is updated a bit more recently, and which does support more modern OS's (unlike v2.0.4 and, I presume, v3.0.0, which are x16 only apps).  OmniFlop supports TI-99/4A floppy disk format, natively.

And the author of OmniFlop credits Paulo for working out the TI-99 elements, by the way.  So, treat OmniFlop as the spiritual successor to TI99-PC, if you want my opinion.

Note, the v3.2.1 from below is based upon OmniFlop v2.2c.  The most recent version of OmniFlop is currentl v3.0b, with a v3.1a listed as "pending release" since 2020-08-21.  So, v3.0b is your best bet these days.

http://www.shlock.co.uk/Utils/OmniFlop/OmniFlop.htm

TI99-PC_2.0.4.zip TI99-PC_3.0.0.zip

TI99-PC 3.2.1. Password 'TI99'.rar

Edited by CLBrown
Replaced "wrong" v3.2.1 file with correct one
  • Like 4

Another add-on to an old thread. 

Using DOSBox, TI99-PC will run and transfer an IMG file to a PC99 or V9T9 dsk, etc.  However, I don't have a floppy drive or TI-99/4A native disks to test it's most important option.  That of creating a PC99/V9T9 disk from a 'real' TI disk.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1