IGNORED

Season 11~ Week 3 ~ Lesser Known Arcade Games

Vocelli

On Pooyan... In Level 2 a giant rock always fall on my head... How do i prevent this.

The manual says...

When six wolves have safely reached the top, they can start dropping
large rocks down on the Mother Pig.  To prevent them from doing this, you must get
rid of the flashing 'boss wolf'.  The 'boss wolf' will appear when there are only
5 wolves left.  If you fail to get the boss wolf, five more wolves will float up.

Who is the Boss Wolf? Is the Boss Wolf floating up as well? 

Someone please explain this. Thanks!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vocelli said:

On Pooyan... In Level 2 a giant rock always fall on my head... How do i prevent this.

The manual says...

When six wolves have safely reached the top, they can start dropping
large rocks down on the Mother Pig.  To prevent them from doing this, you must get
rid of the flashing 'boss wolf'.  The 'boss wolf' will appear when there are only
5 wolves left.  If you fail to get the boss wolf, five more wolves will float up.

Who is the Boss Wolf? Is the Boss Wolf floating up as well? 

Someone please explain this. Thanks!

To prevent the rock, you need to consistently shoot down the wolves as they ascend.  Once six of them make it to the top, that's enough to push the rock.  What's particularly harsh is if you die as a result of the rock, the game only removes a couple of the wolves at the top of the screen.  If just two more wolves make their way to the top before the end of the round, you'll get smashed again by another rock.

When the screen changes to a red border, you're close to the end of the round and one of the ascending wolves will have a balloon which changes colors.  This is the boss wolf.  With the flickering inherent with the Atari 2600, it can sometimes be difficult to distinguish the boss wolf's balloon from a white balloon.  I never notice the boss appearing in about half the even-numbered rounds I complete.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jason_Atari said:

Vocelli you didn't add my points from the last round, i should be on 122 points.

Very Sorry. I will fix it tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

I need to check my formulas with your name. It seems to happen to your score most often.

I will figure it out.

Edited by Vocelli

Thanks for setting up another weeks challenge. I found strategy x strangely addictive, but don't think I'll be playing Pooyan again. I also can't help thinking that the programmers could have got both of these games feeling closer to the arcade versions, even with the 2600s limitations. 

Jasonhrbstrategyx.jpg

Jasonhrbpooyan.jpg

• Like 3

The Game that appropriately has Crap in it's name-2425

Thank God I'm not really "in this to win this"(tho mebbe I had ambitions before the season started, haha!).

I pretty much like "all" the games, to a fault, there's "something good".

I have varying opinions from day to day sometimes, but I think this is probably the very worst game I have ever tried to play for a score.

It's...I dunno. It's just terrible.

Again, I'm wishy washy, "never know", but I really don't see playing this again, I'd rather tank this week, I believe.

That said!!!

Haha, GREAT pick, Vocelli.

Like I said, pretty sure I never met a game I "didn't like", so is interesting to know that at least one exists!!!

:P

2600Pooyan2425.png

• Like 1

Strategy X-8190

Haha, it's impossible to die on the airplane screen, unless yur a dumbass like me and shoot your fuel, and nearly impossible to stay alive during the Land stages!

I actually do kinda like this one, if I can figure out a loophole in the first stage like I did the second(seriously...you CAN'T die...), I'll be unstoppable, haha!!!

Sorta, but not really, reminds me of Espial.

2600StrategyX8190.png

• Like 4