IGNORED

no controls working on emulator

Hi, I'm new to the group, Atari and emulators.

I managed to download Stella emulator with the supported hardware of windows and tortiseGIT. I downloaded Spiderman (1984). It loads up ok and the bad guy animations seem to work. Sound only comes on when i hit F2 to reset. No keyboard directions or joystick directions work, no matter what I try to map. 

I hope you guys can help. 

9 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

This may be my lack of skill or knowledge but i still have no success. 

As the top link states i renamed the appropriate file and deleted the old. I also deleted it permanently but it recreates itself. I could also not find anything in the user guide. 

Edited by BM6JConnect
add information

Is the problem with any game or just Spider-man? You need to press the fire button and then move the joystick up, left of right while still keeping the button pressed to shoot the web.

The manuals for the games can be found on AtariAge (here's the on for spider-man), Atarimania, The Internet Archive and other places.

4 hours ago, alex_79 said:

Is the problem with any game or just Spider-man? You need to press the fire button and then move the joystick up, left of right while still keeping the button pressed to shoot the web.

The manuals for the games can be found on AtariAge (here's the on for spider-man), Atarimania, The Internet Archive and other places.

You legend!

I thought it was my lack of skill on computers as I use consoles. But it was my lack of gaming experience. Thank you. 

5 hours ago, alex_79 said:

Thanks to you i just diffused Green Goblins super bomb.  Got to find Quest probe Spider man now. 

Edited by BM6JConnect
add information