IGNORED

XRAM 0.22 with joystick support.

Wilheim

Hi everyone!

Attached is a joystick-added version for the XRAM 0.22 tester from Satantronic.

I really like this program. I used often to install some RAM upgrades and then testing them by this software. The problem was that I had to connect the keyboard anytime I did the tests and, therefore, it becomes a bit messy by my side. So, I decided to add this feature to this program.

Of course, all the credits belong to the author, I'm just adding a couple of bytes of code.

Cheers!

XRAM0220_joystick.XEX

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I have academic questions. This program has been out for years, but is still getting version numbers starting with 0.xx and I am wondering why the trigger isn't just pulled and call it 1.0? How much more is ever actually going to be added to make it to 1.0 otherwise? How long will that take? By my estimation at it making 0.22 now, that would be about the year 3000 when it makes it to 1.0, but unfortunately we'll all be long dead and Atari probably a footnote in some vague electronic history book by then, if at all. This isn't the only program that I see starting with a 0.x still after being out for decades but still updated once in a while to another 0.01 point added. It just doesn't make sense to me to have 0.xx except when still in beta testing, which I'd think was finished decades ago. So why do programmers sometimes still stick to a not quite version 1.0 forever??

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/19/2021 at 9:18 AM, Gunstar said:

I have academic questions. This program has been out for years, but is still getting version numbers starting with 0.xx and I am wondering why the trigger isn't just pulled and call it 1.0? How much more is ever actually going to be added to make it to 1.0 otherwise? How long will that take? By my estimation at it making 0.22 now, that would be about the year 3000 when it makes it to 1.0, but unfortunately we'll all be long dead and Atari probably a footnote in some vague electronic history book by then, if at all. This isn't the only program that I see starting with a 0.x still after being out for decades but still updated once in a while to another 0.01 point added. It just doesn't make sense to me to have 0.xx except when still in beta testing, which I'd think was finished decades ago. So why do programmers sometimes still stick to a not quite version 1.0 forever??

Well, adding the logic to scan and test AXLON extended-ram banking would make it (officially) v1.0.

That for a start. ;-)

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 2