IGNORED

When will PokeyOne games be back in store?

Giles N

Oh wow, totally missed that post somehow.  Love the Super Circus Atari Pokey game from AtariAge that I received last year!  Works great on my system.  7800s sure seem to have a lot of weird random compatibility issues (even though mine has been great with just the Robot Tank mod done).

On 2/27/2021 at 10:22 AM, sixersfan105 said:

I'll direct you to this post from Albert from the fall:

compatibility issues for end users, unfortunately. He'll bring them back once those issues are sorted. Of course, you're welcome to supply your own original Pokey chip and send it to Al for use in the homebrew of your choice. 

If I'm trying to purchase the Pokey version of Beef Drop, for example, should I just buy the non-Pokey version and add the request to use my supplied Pokey chip? (the pokey option using my supplied chip is not currently available to add to cart). 

1 hour ago, aaron1677 said:

If I'm trying to purchase the Pokey version of Beef Drop, for example, should I just buy the non-Pokey version and add the request to use my supplied Pokey chip? (the pokey option using my supplied chip is not currently available to add to cart). 

Oh interesting, I didn't realize the "supply your own Pokey" option was also unavailable in the store. I would recommend contacting Al here in the forums or via email to see what your options are, prior to making any purchase. That way there won't be the chance for any Pokey/non-Pokey miscommunication. 

I think the cartridges for Rikki and Vikki were produced in Estonia.

Anyway, perhaps the company producing carts for Rikki and Vikki would have some interest in providing carts for AtariAge...

...??

Edited by Giles N

Al has stated multiple times he is working on getting some Injection Molded Carts setup for 2600/7800 Homebrews. But it takes time a and hefty investment of Capital. The Rikki and Vikki run was a one and done run of some 550 carts and that was nearly 3 years ago. The PenquiNet guys have stated that there just wasn’t enough demand and they likely would never do another 7800 game. I question if the molds still exist after all this time.

While they were very nice quality. I think AA would be looking for something more traditional looking for their releases.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

Oh interesting, I didn't realize the "supply your own Pokey" option was also unavailable in the store. I would recommend contacting Al here in the forums or via email to see what your options are, prior to making any purchase. That way there won't be the chance for any Pokey/non-Pokey miscommunication. 

Ok. @Albert  - is there an option for me to purchase a homebrew game (Beef Drop for example) and supply my own pokey chip?

• 2 weeks later...

So - I tagged @Albert here with this question a couple of weeks ago, and tried to PM him, but it didn't work (an "x" next to his name appears, and won't let me send the message).

Does anyone know if the Store is selling Pokey games if I provide my own Pokey chip? I'm after the Burger Time home brew (Beef Drop), but WITH Pokey.

Thanks in advance!

-Aaron

Edited by aaron1677

You could order Beef Drop VE and drop a Pokey in it later.

You probably would want to put a comment in the notes of the order that this is your intention and Al could give you the non VE edition label and not apply them so you can put the Pokey in without destroying the label.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason is, a handful of people complained that games were not working, due to some kind of hardware incompatibility with my board and or components.  I had never heard of this before Al mentioned it to me and and at this point (7+ years later), I am not going to revise it.  There are probably a thousand or so out there and I am not fussed about maybe 10 of them not working for people.  But, I'll ask again, if you are one of those people, I would like to know about your console or maybe even buy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aaron1677 said:

So - I tagged @Albert here with this question a couple of weeks ago, and tried to PM him, but it didn't work (an "x" next to his name appears, and won't let me send the message).

Does anyone know if the Store is selling Pokey games if I provide my own Pokey chip? I'm after the Burger Time home brew (Beef Drop), but WITH Pokey.

I can make most of the 7800 POKEY games if you supply a Ballblazer cartridge. This includes:

Beef Drop VE

Froggie

Pac-Man Collection

Super Circus AtariAge

However, I don't have these games available for ordering right now, as the "Supply your own POKEY" option also allows people to send in a POKEY chip, which is something I can't support at the moment (although I am working on rectifying this). 

..Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

The reason is, a handful of people complained that games were not working, due to some kind of hardware incompatibility with my board and or components.  I had never heard of this before Al mentioned it to me and and at this point (7+ years later), I am not going to revise it.  There are probably a thousand or so out there and I am not fussed about maybe 10 of them not working for people.  But, I'll ask again, if you are one of those people, I would like to know about your console or maybe even buy it.

I am guessing it is people that have a subpar A/V mod on their 7800. (see Dragonfly thread)

If it is real, send me a list of the problem games and I will be happy to test and see if I can replicate it.

Mitch

2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

I am guessing it is people that have a subpar A/V mod on their 7800. (see Dragonfly thread)

If it is real, send me a list of the problem games and I will be happy to test and see if I can replicate it.

Mitch

I don't even know what they were, actually, Al may still have them sitting around.

21 hours ago, Albert said:

I can make most of the 7800 POKEY games if you supply a Ballblazer cartridge. This includes:

Beef Drop VE

Froggie

Pac-Man Collection

Super Circus AtariAge

However, I don't have these games available for ordering right now, as the "Supply your own POKEY" option also allows people to send in a POKEY chip, which is something I can't support at the moment (although I am working on rectifying this). 

..Al

Awesome thank you! @Albert Do you have a rough idea as to when they might be available again? I'd actually be interested in Froggie and Pac-Man Collection as well (in addition to Beef Drop, all 3 with POKEY), and will be providing 3 copies of Ballblazer to harvest the chip from.

Thanks again,

Aaron

Edited by aaron1677
  • Like 1