IGNORED

Zombie Calavera Prologue

nanochess

Hi everyone!

Five years ago I saw this game made for Spectrum by The Mojon Twins, and I was so impressed that I asked for permission to port it.

Well, life got in between, and finally Yesterday I started porting it, and here is the fully functional game freely available (as the original was also).

Not only for Colecovision, but also for MSX.

Enjoy it!

image100.png

image101.png

image103.png

image104.png

zombie_calavera_msx_colecovision.zip

Edited by nanochess
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, nanochess said:

Hi everyone!

Five years ago I saw this game made for Spectrum by The Mojon Twins, and I was so impressed that I asked for permission to port it.

Well, life got in between, and finally Yesterday I started porting it, and here is the fully functional game freely available (as the original was also).

Not only for Colecovision, but also for MSX.

Enjoy it!

image100.png

image101.png

image103.png

image104.png

zombie_calavera_msx_colecovision.zip 27.77 kB · 107 downloads

Hi Nanochess, nice job porting this to both systems. Seems like an amazing Spectrum game if you ask me. Revo ported it to the SMS just today.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 11:43 AM, tanuki said:

Hello Nanochess and everybody,

Could you be interested by a physical version ?

I really like the graphic style, it deserves a box version, don't you think?

Although I ported it, I would need to ask for permission to the original authors The Mojon Twins before saying anything.

1 hour ago, Taylor the Gaming Guy said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SrZzBY0tLTgjkRLvJAnkb5x9YyMsXG1T/view?usp=sharing

This is a video of the SCC version of the game.

And this is on an WebMSX, I used one of my new ideas, C-BIOS installation.

So this is what MSX colors look like for real on an MSX2 or up.

I've an MSX2 and the colors should look almost the same as MSX, so the purple color isn't right. I'll put up a picture once I load it on my Flash cartridge.

10 hours ago, nanochess said:

Although I ported it, I would need to ask for permission to the original authors The Mojon Twins before saying anything.

As you may know we have already published uwol and ababol of Mojon Twins. I don't think there will be a problem.

If you want we can publish the MSX version 2 ! We'll publish our first game on this hardware very very soon.

10 hours ago, tanuki said:

As you may know we have already published uwol and ababol of Mojon Twins. I don't think there will be a problem.

If you want we can publish the MSX version 2 ! We'll publish our first game on this hardware very very soon.

Not cool profiting selling carts of a free original game if you don't post openly the digital rom first.

13 hours ago, Aking said:

Not cool profiting selling carts of a free original game if you don't post openly the digital rom first.

Our versions of Uwol and ababol were not available for free on Coleco since the games have been entirely reworked, improved etc.
For the games of Nanochess, if he wants to make the roms available at the same time, we have no problem with that.

24 minutes ago, tanuki said:

Our versions of Uwol and ababol were not available for free on Coleco since the games have been entirely reworked, improved etc.
For the games of Nanochess, if he wants to make the roms available at the same time, we have no problem with that.

the rom is already available in this thread :)

23 minutes ago, Aking said:

was refering to Uwol for example, it is free on all platforms but coleco , and not improved from the original FREE game

You are wrong ! Uwol is improved from the original game.  For example you had levels you couldn't get out of because an arrow was missing on the ground. You also had display bugs or unjustified deaths. All this is fixed in our version.

The gameplay of Ababol is far better in our version since we have corrected issues with playability, element layout etc.

You just have to read the making of to know this kind of details.

Edited by tanuki

32 minutes ago, tanuki said:

You are wrong ! Uwol is improved from the original game.  For example you had levels you couldn't get out of because an arrow was missing on the ground. You also had display bugs or unjustified deaths. All this is fixed in our version.

The gameplay of Ababol is far better in our version since we have corrected issues with playability, element layout etc.

You just have to read the making of to know this kind of details.

A few Improvements here and there.

It does not make that behavior less questionable.