IGNORED

Falcon screws

danwinslow

I'm not certain how they compare to my 4160STe screws. It seemes like they would be similar since the cases are virtually identical, but I'm not certain. Did you search this forum for screws? I'm fairly certain I started or added to a thread about them within the past year. If I see it later I'll post a link.

2 hours ago, bfollowell said:

I'm not certain how they compare to my 4160STe screws. It seemes like they would be similar since the cases are virtually identical, but I'm not certain. Did you search this forum for screws? I'm fairly certain I started or added to a thread about them within the past year. If I see it later I'll post a link.

Well, I've searched to the extent of the forum search will let me, and I can't come up with anything. I'll keep trying. I know I saved the information somewhere locally as well. I'll look for it and post it when I find it.

OK, I guess I was wrong. I found several old screw threads that all had pieces to the puzzle, but not the post that I thought I'd made. I finally searched through my gmail account and found where I'd emailed the information I'd compiled to myself. Here is what I have for my STe  case. I believe most, if not all, of these should work for your Falcon.

6x M3x8mm phillips pan head screws (for upper shield)
M3x8mm Zinc Pan Head Machine Screw #10097
$0.08
https://www.metricscrews.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_7_65&products_id=201&zenid=n95pskj4d3muu14a8bp3kg75p0

16x M3x5mm phillips pan head screws (for lower shield & motherboard & PSU)
M3x5mm Zinc Pan Head Machine Screw #10095
$0.09
https://www.metricscrews.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_7_63&products_id=192&zenid=n95pskj4d3muu14a8bp3kg75p0

3x M3x25mm phillips pan head screws (for floppy & floppy standoffs)
M3x25 Stainless Steel Pan Head Machine Screw #21594
$0.25
https://www.metricscrews.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=98_7_401&products_id=1303&zenid=n95pskj4d3muu14a8bp3kg75p0

3x M3x10mm self-tapping  phillips pan head screws (for case round holes)
4x M3x7L self-tapping phillips pan head screws (for case square holes)
Tamiya RC Parts screws seem to be an almost exact match in size, if not original color. Most cases have two sizes, with the longest being 10mm. Buy a bag or two of these and you can cut the screw down for the smaller size.
Search ebay using these keywords, look for the best price
Tamiya SP-577
Tamiya 50577
Tamiya 3x10mm Tapping Screw

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like almost all the ones I have listed are good, but there are some additional screws needed that aren't used on an STE.

It seems strange that they would use almost all metric screws, then use a 6-32 for the floppy stand-offs. Either way, an M3, 25mm is virtually identical and should work just fine.

He'll just need to get those extra screws.